Luke Molitor Seminar

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone who was there over the Weekend Care to Recap this for those of us who didn't make it?

<hint hint, Tengu6>

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
I honestly dont know how to recap, there was so much info given at this seminar it was just amazing. Luke Molitor really covers a lot of nuances that are often skipped over, and he has a reason for everything he says. As soneone else who was in attendance said "he busts it down Barney level". If you are new to this art, you would have learned something.....if you have been around a while, you would have learned something.

We did around 3000 cuts in around 9 hours (with bokken), it was very tiring. We covered several Kamae and how to transition between them. We looked at keeping proper kamae through a cut and wht happens when you dont (a lot harder than it sounds). We did some Bo vs. Katana also.....very cool stuff, Luke broke 2 bo and 1 bokken that night.

One of the most memorable moments for me was when Luke and I were about 15-20 ft apart, both in Daijodan, and Luke appeared to bring the Shinai into a reverse Seigan but a 10th of a second later I was struck with the Shinai in the heart. He threw the Shinai but from my vantage point it did not appear to leave his hands......and it hit me tip first in the heart (we had been discussing protecting the heart and other vital points.

We also covered a sort of "optical illusion" created with Seigan.

Im sorry if all this sounds too vague but I am still soaking it all in. What IU can say is that after the seminar I was not only on my way to better Kenjutsu but it has improved my taijutsu all together. If you havent trained with Luke I highly suggest to make plans to do so......he is very, very skilled, and he is a great teacher as well.

Also, everyone in attendance was great to be around, no ego's. We had a lot of fun BSing as well.

Markk Bush

Latest Discussions