Lost Dan Certificate from Korea

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys I’m hoping someone can help me out.
I received my 1 st Dan Black belt in 1999 from Master Young Yea Academy in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Unfortunately my certificate was water damaged and is destroyed. My question is who can I contact directly to order a new one?
If anyone can help me out they would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you remember if your master was part of any organization, or what style of tkd you practiced?

OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you remember if your master was part of any organization, or what style of tkd you practiced?
World Taekwond Federation and mostly self defence style of Taekwondo... if that’s what you mean by style.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The WTF (now WT) was what I was looking for. There is a very good chance that you are registered as a first dan with the kukkiwon then, so they may have a copy of your certificate. @skribs or @andyjeffries may be able to help you with how to get that.

OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
The WTF (now WT) was what I was looking for. There is a very good chance that you are registered as a first dan with the kukkiwon then, so they may have a copy of your certificate. @skribs or @andyjeffries may be able to help you with how to get that.
Hey thanks so much, and yes I am! I actually looked my self up site enough, there I was. So I have my poom/dan number. And if the people you tagged here are willing to help then I’ll provide the number, and it would be greatly appreciated! To be honest I’m actually getting a job with the Ontario Provincial Police and they want all Sort of certifications that I may have, so this is pretty important . Thanks for the reply.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey thanks so much, and yes I am! I actually looked my self up site enough, there I was. So I have my poom/dan number. And if the people you tagged here are willing to help then I’ll provide the number, and it would be greatly appreciated! To be honest I’m actually getting a job with the Ontario Provincial Police and they want all Sort of certifications that I may have, so this is pretty important . Thanks for the reply.
Keep in mind I'm not sure either of them will be able to help you get the certificate, but they are much more likely than most of the active members, since they both teach in that style. Good luck with everything!

OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
Keep in mind I'm not sure either of them will be able to help you get the certificate, but they are much more likely than most of the active members, since they both teach in that style. Good luck with everything!
I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest I’m actually getting a job with the Ontario Provincial Police and they want all Sort of certifications that I may have, so this is pretty important .

I don't think you need anyone's help. Here's a link that says you can get one by mail. (Remember me if you ever pull me over!)

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/eng/open/question.action

Capture.PNG

OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! And that’s great news! I definitely will.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Sorry, but I am not able to help with that.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't think you need anyone's help. Here's a link that says you can get one by mail. (Remember me if you ever pull me over!)

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/eng/open/question.action

View attachment 22053

It doesn't say on here what the fee is, but I had to do this in 2015 because a parent gave us the wrong birthdate :rolleyes:, and the replacement fee at that time was USD $15, payable by cash or check. For that, they also wanted a copy of the passport or photo ID, but I think that was to prove the birthdate needed to be corrected; it doesn't look like they're asking for that here.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It doesn't say on here what the fee is, but I had to do this in 2015 because a parent gave us the wrong birthdate :rolleyes:, and the replacement fee at that time was USD $15, payable by cash or check. For that, they also wanted a copy of the passport or photo ID, but I think that was to prove the birthdate needed to be corrected; it doesn't look like they're asking for that here.

I inferred from the FAQ above the one posted that the fee is 4000-8000 won. (I couldn't click both to show both).

Capture.PNG

OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
I inferred from the FAQ above the one posted that the fee is 4000-8000 won. (I couldn't click both to show both).

View attachment 22057
That website is really badly put together, and confusing. I just contacted taekwondo Canada see what they can help me with.
The Kukkiwon website has no email contact and I just don’t get what they want me to do.
Thanks tho.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score

View attachment 22057

8000 won is about USD $7. I'm not sure what the other $8 was for, maybe shipping? But I just sent the info they wanted and a check for $15 to the address listed there, and in about 2 months, got the new certificate.

OP
AKaminski86

AKaminski86

White Belt
Reaction score
8000 won is about USD $7. I'm not sure what the other $8 was for, maybe shipping? But I just sent the info they wanted and a check for $15 to the address listed there, and in about 2 months, got the new certificate.
Ok thanks! I’ll ldefinitly give it a go

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guy I wanna thank you all for your help.
I finally figured it all out and I will be recovering my certificate in about 3 months!
You’re all good group of people! Cheers
Did you end up going through the KKW directly or perhaps TKD Canada?

Latest Discussions