Loosing the "spark" for training ...Help!

OP
karatekid1975

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Uhg ... I'm played hookie from class again. I haven't trained at all in two weeks (other than Jujitsu, but I almost skipped out on that friday, too).

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know the feeling--yet I always feel better after I go!

Maybe you need a break from it all, so you can come back eager and refreshed...or decide to go another way, if that's where this is heading (who knows?). Not trying to be pessimistic, but it sounds like you're due for a break from feeling guilty about not going.

A

Andy Cap

Consider that people come to points in their training that they are uncomfortable with or when they simply do not feel "it". The lesser martial artist walks away and "takes a break". The true martial artist knows the tenet "Never retreat in battle", and applies it hear with such ferocity that the boredom or struggle is forgotten.

Why are you bored? Are you the very best you could ever be? Do you think you cannot achieve any more than what you have? Why?

Going to another martial art is like moving to another town everytime you start to feel uncomfortable. My mother calls this a geographical cure. The problem follows you and you try to outrun it, but everywhere you go, it is there when you finally settle down. Face this demon and beat it. What more can we say, or should we say? This is your battle and we cannot fight it for you. I have been in Korean martial arts for 28 years - I know what you face. I also know it is not as strong a creature as it appears to be. Focus on every detail in your training and stop looking for the ghost of boredom.

Latest Discussions