Looks like we might be needing hand registration after all....

F

fist of fury

Loks like the stairs should also be considered a deadly weapon. The he used the stairs to cause more damage than his foot.

T

tonbo

Lovely. Just what we need......more people concerned about the minute details.

Okay, courts.....let's get one thing straight, okay? *Anything* can be a deadly weapon, if it is used violently, ya know? So, since pillows have been used to smother people, we should register them, too, right?

How about pencils and pens? You could stab someone with those, so, how about those?

Oooh.....and computer mice.....you could unplug them and swing 'em around like a weighted chain, so maybe restricting them might be a good idea, too.

Please. Get real. Don't spend my taxpayer dollars to recite the obvious. *Things* aren't necessarily deadly, be they animate or inanimate. The intention *behind* those things, or the intention of the person *using* those things can be.

*shakes head* (Which could be a deadly weapon, too, I guess, if I headbutted someone, huh?)

Peace--

K

KoshoBob

"Body parts can be deadly weapons depending upon the manner in which they are used," the court said.

I'm glad we have a court to tell us this.

D

Despairbear

Deadly weapon laws from my experiance are used to "up the ante" in a trial. Person I know was charged with assault with a deadly weapon for kicking some one while she was wearing tennis shoes. The shoes where confisccated and used as evidance. What it can come down to is "will the defendant be charged with an adiquite crime for what was perpitrated?" if the awnser is "no" then the powers that be have the option of tacking on other charges such as "......with a deadly weapon". At least that is how I have seen it work.

Despair Bear

D

disciple

Tonbo: just too funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

salute

:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is part of the story behind savate using kicks and open-handed slaps originally--in France at the time a fist was considered a deadly weapon but the feet and palm were not necessarily considered so.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't understand. Why does the court feel a need to take this case: can't they just say no, when it's so obvious???

Or is it me, that doesn't understand The Great Americain Way?

/Yari

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi All,

In Michigan your foot is not considered a deadly
weapon. Yet if your foot is in a shoe or boot
then and you kick someone then it is a deadly
weapon. This law is sometimes considered a
"blue" law. A law that is old and is just on the
books. It was for the ranchers way back :cool: .
But, with some of the gang attacks in the cities
and the beatings and kickings, it has not been
overturned or removed.

Just a bit of trivia.

Rich

C

Chiduce

The bodys' natural deadly weapons. Legs and feet are part of the body's self preserving adrenal rush. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chiduce

The bodys' natural deadly weapons. Legs and feet are part of the body's self preserving adrenal rush. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

It's not the body that's weapons, but people getting in the way in most stupide ways :rofl:

I agree only to the point that if learned as weapons they will be used a such. But they can bee used as weapons by somebody who hasn't learned anything (MA), but the question is "Can you then really clasify them as weapons?" Isn't it the intenet that defines the weapon? If there is no intent would there be any weapon? I not sure myself, just "thinking" out loud.

/Yari

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If we are ever required to regiser our hands, I never studied and have no idea what Martial arts are all about except what I've seen on TV I'll stick to that story untill they prove other wise
Shadow:rofl:

L

LanceWildcat1

.....no idea what Martial arts are all about except what I've seen on TV I'll stick to that story untill they prove other wise.

Amen to that!!!! My story and I'm stickin' to it. Remember, 'Innocent until PROVEN guilty!!'.
Lance Hyatt