Looks like there will be lineage politics in Ip Man 3

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be some sort of propaganda so the VTAA can make more money?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't understand. Looks like a good movie, but not sure I see the propaganda angle.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I watched the clip. It looked entertaining. If it promotes interest in WC, I'm cool with that. So where's the politics angle?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The production quality of those movies is pretty excellent. I really need to sit down and watch a few.

OP
M

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched the clip. It looked entertaining. If it promotes interest in WC, I'm cool with that. So where's the politics angle?

I'm referring to the "Ip Man's WC isn't the real thing" bit with the assumption that Max Zhang is playing a real person.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The production quality of those movies is pretty excellent. I really need to sit down and watch a few.
The first two were fantastic, but I got the feeling that they sold out a bit on the 3rd - from what I had read. Hopefully not.

The Raid and The Raid 2 are brilliant too if you're looking for high production modern martial arts movies.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm referring to the "Ip Man's WC isn't the real thing" bit with the assumption that Max Zhang is playing a real person.

Who is he supposed to be portraying? Someone like YKS or ...?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
IP MAN 2 was kind of bland to me. The Hurricane was overplayed and cartoonish. However, the fight with him at the end was good.

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It can't possibly be about real Wing Chun without a sh*tload of lineage politics.