Locked threads

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're not the first person who has said some variation of this, that it's rude to not post an explanation of why you disagree or that people should just be required to do so. But I've never heard anyone say folks have to explain why they agree, too. Or why that "like" a post. @Graywalker , for example, "agreed" with your post. I notice, however, that he didn't post an explanation. Do you think he should be required to do so?
I don’t think that “disagreeing” without explanation is necessarily rude or should be disallowed. However as a personal rule I prefer to provide an explanation.

When I click “like” or “agree”, it would often be superfluous for me to add a reply with explanation. If someone says something I agree with, is it really contributing anything to the conversation if I add a comment which makes the same points? On the other hand, if I have a disagreement that may mean I have a different point of view I can contribute. For that matter, even if my point of view has been mentioned already it may still clarify matters if I explain the specific reason for my response. After all, I could disagree with a post for a hundred different reasons, many of which may be completely contrary to each other.

That’s just my personal preference though and not anything which is expected or required from other members.

Latest Discussions