Livin La Mac-In-Tosh

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As a PC Support guy, with a mother who owns a mac, I laughed so hard I cried the first time I saw this.

Oh, it was good to see again.

Thanks - Mike

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoyed, thanks Kaith!

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You know.

He'd probably complain about breathing too.

I mean, you sit at the keyboard and you just breathe. But if you interrupt the timing or the sequence you can control it and reset it again, but then as soon as you go off to do something else, you go back to breathing at the previous rhythm again!

It's insane! Where's the control? How do I stop this? Can't it be reset? What if I want to breathe slower all the time? What if I practice meditation and I want to set my breathing to 1/4 speed without thinking about it?

Why can't I unconsciously hold my breath underwater? Doesn't my body know not to breathe under water? Why would it try to do that?

:soapbox:

One of the people who got me into Macs in the first place told me that he eventually had to start doing PC support to keep clients. One day he did an audit for one of his clients. He said "Here is how many problems you've had with your PCs. Here are the number of times you called me. Here is what you have paid me to do. Here is the same data for your Macs. Look, it is 1/3. It costs you 1/3 the amount of support money to run your Macs."

He just wanted them to know. Apple should have done this "Switch" campaign of theirs years ago. I wrote up some stuff for them when I worked for Power Computing.

That Flash Movie was funny, but, well, Yin and Yang.
:yinyang:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Macs are ok. Sadly though, with Adobe dropping support for the mac, it may face some problems in the future.

If you want to read a good book on the mac, get "Insanely Great" by Steven Levy. Good book on the early years.

Insanely Great: The Life and Times of Macintosh, the Computer That Changed Everything
by Steven Levy
ISBN: 0140291776
Paperback: 328 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.62 x 7.68 x 5.06
Publisher: Penguin USA (Paper); Reissue edition (June 5, 2000)

Latest Discussions