Liu Pang- Amita K'un warrior

Discussion in 'Chinese Martial Arts - General' started by Don Roley, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Don Roley

Don Roley Senior Master

• Martial Talk Alumni
    The following history is from a site claiming to teach a form of ninjutsu. There is no record of this art existing in Japan and the reason they give is secrecy. And yet, they are selling their stuff on e-bay. :rolleyes:

I don't know didly about Chinese history but many people here do. What is your slant on the following? As far as I can see, the founder of this ninjutsu art was also the first Han emperor. Correct me if my suspicions are wrong- but I would guess that there is no record of Liu Pang being a ninja warrior except for a few silly guys playing ninja in the woods of North America.

2. Phil Elmore

Phil Elmore Master of Arts

It's my opinion that people who don't use paragraph breaks are almost always lying.

3. clfsean

clfsean Senior Master

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Well the first Han Emperor was a guy named Liu Bang around that time. Looks like somebody either copied a Manga, video game or looked up stuff to sound important.

4. Don Roley

Don Roley Senior Master

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Thanks for the resposponses. I am wondering about the following section.

Everything up the part about amita k'un sounds like what I have heard about Chinese history before. But that last part sounds added in. Am I correct in assuming that there is no other mention of the bureaucracy learning anthing called amita k'un?

And if it was that widespread, how the hell can you say it is a secret art?

5. clfsean

clfsean Senior Master

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Ah hell Don... you know as well as anybody those pesky ninjers hide in plain site... *snicker*

I'm not even sure what "amita k'un" is supposed to mean. It doesn't resemble any Chinese I'm familiar with. I can reach & say "k'un" is a bad pronunciation of "kuen" in Cantonese for "fist" or maybe the same "k'un" as in the K'un Lun mountains near Jiangsu. I'd need to see the character for "k'un" first to be sure. I can't find a character for "amita"

6. Tekagi

Tekagi White Belt

Its k'un Lun chinese mountains. amita / あみた japanese = boundless light, infinit, buddah = amitabah. Kunlun, K'un the location of originated chinese system of mountainous combat. Added was Japanese Amita by the Koga prefecture inhabitants combining Amita K'un. Pronunciation and outdated kanji i guess causes issues with student's of ancient Asian cultures and martial arts, Ninjutsu.