little green dots and 'rep power'

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Haha.. sorry if I came across assish. I'm a little colorblind (the red on green thing--never ask me to pick raspberries). The fact that Bill sees enough color to be able to "fill in the blanks" as it were is the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks, Bill. (I am intensely curious and it often times gets me into trouble.)

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, anyway. I give out lots of thanks to people, but do you have to have rep to give rep? I haven't yet noticed any way to give rep to others.

Edit: Oh, curiosity got me going. Found the little scale in the upper-right corner!

No problem. Take a look at this:

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

I can only see the number 25 in the upper left, and the number 2 in the bottom-most left. Both of which confirm my color-vision defect is severe.

Computer monitors differ, so online tests like this are not supposedly that accurate, but they're accurate enough for me; I fail.

chaos1551

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I see the five more clearly in the bottom-most left, but the two stands out somewhat. I can see all the numbers in the top six, but the 45 is kinda fuzzy and almost makes me feel a touch like I'm drunk or something.

Anyway, thanks for helping me understand. Awareness, points of reference and mental gymnastics always prove to be the place where I can learn the most. I get sucked into those conundrums like chocolate cake to a fat kid.

Latest Discussions