Lesnar training partner: Brock couldn't beat flu after 25 days

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
10-27-2009 08:45 AM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-267680932-1256647323.jpg
Dana White has to wake up with a smile on his face today. After all, today has to be better than the last two days. Sunday, he was ripped to shreds all day long via Twitter and his email by fans who were unhappy with the outcome of the UFC 104 event. On Monday, while the bombs continued to fly his way, he finds out that the UFC's huge Las Vegas card next month featuring the sports' new big star, Brock Lesnar, had been blown to bits. Lesnar had to pull out when he couldn't beat a bout with the flu.

The Las Vegas Sun spoke with Chris Tuchsherer, Lesnar's training partner in Minnesota, who said Lesnar thought he was on the verge of beating the flu after suffering with it for 25 days:

&ldquo;He actually practiced (Sunday) and thought he might be feeling alright. He said, &lsquo;Wow, I think I&rsquo;m doing OK today,&rsquo;&rdquo; Tuchscherer said. &ldquo;(Monday) he got here and it was the same old stuff &mdash; fatiguing right away, not being all there."

That's when Lesnar decided to pull the plug:

&ldquo;After practice we were all sitting around, we were actually going to come back later at night to work out again, and he basically told us, &lsquo;Hey guys, I&rsquo;m going to pull out of this thing.&rsquo;&rdquo;

UFC 106 is now left with Tito Ortiz versus Forrest Griffin as a main event.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh really? (referring to Lesnar, not the news bot)

He seemed quite fine attending last week's Vikings vs. Ravens game...

Last edited by a moderator:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh really? (referring to Lesnar, not the news bot)

He seemed quite fine attending last week's Vikings vs. Ravens game...

He did, but a publicity appearance and a UFC fight have different levels of wellness requirements for participation and success.

Last edited by a moderator: