Laugh, or despair?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The picture didn't come out well (it was a camera phone) but the sign said "Help! My family was killed by ninjas and I need money for karate lessons". I can't decide if I should laugh, or scream in despair.

Attachments

• $camera 1.jpg
    $camera 1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 273

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tell them to take the little pink pills ... one in the morning, two at night, and the ninjas will go away.

Maybe they figure if they make you laugh you might give them money. LOL

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kudos for originality. Better than the "will work for food" when all they want is a handout.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kudos for originality. Better than the "will work for food" when all they want is a handout.

Kacey, I agree with Jeff. Very original... and so far as your original question goes—

Kacey said:
I can't decide if I should laugh, or scream in despair.

—I suggest doing both. Or maybe, laugh in despair...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That seems more of a joke to me, but I can't really see the guy holding the sign. So, I can't determine how serious it seemed. What do you think, Kacey? Was this sincere?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If he's serious, I'd invite him to my studio and help him negotiate/barter something for his lessons.

- Ceicei

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is funny. However, nothing suprises me. Once in DC I was at the Mouth of the Patomac on the strip and saw a sign that said, "Robbed by Smurfs, need money."

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why didn't I think of that? I am wasting my skills by working for a living.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That seems more of a joke to me, but I can't really see the guy holding the sign. So, I can't determine how serious it seemed. What do you think, Kacey? Was this sincere?

He had a pretty big grin on his face for someone who was panhandling on a freeway offramp - I think he was just trying to get peoples' attention in hopes of getting more money.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He had a pretty big grin on his face for someone who was panhandling on a freeway offramp - I think he was just trying to get peoples' attention in hopes of getting more money.

He'd better be careful, if that wasn't just a one-time thing. If it's a regular gig of his, he's setting himself up for someone with a, um, disturbed sense of humor to recruit three or four friends, dress up as ninjas, and pull up to his corner in their car, pulling swords out of their robes... :uhohh:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
He'd better be careful, if that wasn't just a one-time thing. If it's a regular gig of his, he's setting himself up for someone with a, um, disturbed sense of humor to recruit three or four friends, dress up as ninjas, and pull up to his corner in their car, pulling swords out of their robes... :uhohh:

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Latest Discussions