Last Poster #7

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had to work about 5 hours today.
They were able to cart me to the job site but a long time standing or setting on a folding metal chair took it's toll.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First really nice week of the year here. 70f and sunny today. Should be nice all week. I know this sounds like rubbing it in, but it was a long, dark winter, so the sun is much needed.

Nah, no worries, glad you have good weather. We had a couple weeks of unusually warm weather. I have about a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground right now and it is still snowing, but I don't expect it to amount to much. But in Western Mass they are looking at 4 to 6 inches and Southern Vermont is looking at 15 inches.

My biggest worry is that I took a gamble, because of the warm weather, and put some grass seed down early. Now snow, this could kill the seed

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah, no worries, glad you have good weather. We had a couple weeks of unusually warm weather. I have about a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground right now and it is still snowing, but I don't expect it to amount to much. But in Western Mass they are looking at 4 to 6 inches and Southern Vermont is looking at 15 inches.

My biggest worry is that I took a gamble, because of the warm weather, and put some grass seed down early. Now snow, this could kill the seed
if it had not sprouted It should be ok.

so this cold snap isn't just here in the South!
I will need a snow suit to get the boat in the river! (we finally got a slip at a marina. So the tub will leave the driveway, AND they asked to keep the trailer on site!)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
if it had not sprouted It should be ok.

so this cold snap isn't just here in the South!
I will need a snow suit to get the boat in the river! (we finally got a slip at a marina. So the tub will leave the driveway, AND they asked to keep the trailer on site!)
I think we are in Dogwood winter. Three more to go.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyone ever watch the movie "Army of Frankensteins"..... my recommendation is, if you come across it...... just keep on looking for something else, don't watch it... it makes "Plan 9 from outer space" and Gymkata look like it is loaded with Academy award winning performances

Aussie Park Boyz is the worst movie ever made.

And you could tell they were serious about it.

You can watch it on YouTube but it is super sweary

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
dangit, the cold snap returned!
Will you guys please corral your cold weather and keep it up north?!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Got bored a work....
things running and installing
so...
took an old laptop and installed Ubuntu
Usually I'd go with CentOS, but today I tried a new Linux install

Yes....I live a full and exciting life on the edge.... I may not even hold the handrails on an escalator the next time i'm on one

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is past 3 and it warmed up to w whooping 53. It is fing cold!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is past 3 and it warmed up to w whooping 53. It is fing cold!

53!!!!

That's a warm spring day here.......short sleeve weather....and it is SNOWING here at the moment...sheesh..... you deserve a shunning

iStock_000008685484Small1.jpg

31eLVvWIsFL._SL500_.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and if I thaw out by tomorrow, I need to get gas for my mower and see if I fixed the little push mower....or if the years of idle existence killed it.
the riding mower can't keep air in the tires. :(

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Working from home during this pandemic has been fine, but there is one thing. Working from the office my day starts at 9....... from home earlier....which brings me to......its just a little after 8AM, EST, and this is my day so far

200.gif

Latest Discussions