Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng,
I got out of surgery and in my room about 3:00.
I have already been up twice to walk and have exercises to do every 10 & 30 minutes.
They did a spinal and nerve blocks instead of general anesthesia. When the spinal wore off it was rough for about 30 minutes then settled down. I have only taken Tylenol so far.

Thanks for letting me know

Glad you're doing ok so far, I hope it continues.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Got the word I can go home in a couple of hours.
I had a pretty good night but they do say the nerve block is still working some so today will likely get rougher.

I'm glad you're going home. Hope the discomfort isn't too bad the rest of the day. Take care of yourself.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Its going to rain here today, but I ate a vegetarian burrito....but pollen
Sunny here but in the 40s. A little chilly. Roasted a couple pounds of coffee, cleaned out the grinder, and am now Making a champagne cake with strawberry buttercream frosting.

We got a new tree for the yard. A japanese maple: orangeola. Won't get too big, but has beautiful leaves.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sunny here but in the 40s. A little chilly. Roasted a couple pounds of coffee, cleaned out the grinder, and am now Making a champagne cake with strawberry buttercream frosting.

We got a new tree for the yard. A japanese maple: orangeola. Won't get too big, but has beautiful leaves.
That is one of my favorite trees.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They are not cheap around here though. We planted 3 last year and it was near $1,000.
We planted a very small one... maybe 3' tall. Was $125... spendy, but not crazy. They get very expensive when you buy more mature trees.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We planted a very small one... maybe 3' tall. Was $125... spendy, but not crazy. They get very expensive when you buy more mature trees.

I'm looking for a couple small trees to plant that are not crazy expensive too. They would replace 2 decorative trees I had to remove

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple small trees to plant that are not crazy expensive too. They would replace 2 decorative trees I had to remove
what it looks like now:
IMG_20210412_084017.jpg

What it will look like in a few years. I'll give it two years to grow and then start shaping it.

japanese-maple-orangeola-2.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Shot hurt and burns a bit, about 1/8 of the pin of a cortisone shot in the knee

My wife has had two patients who got the J&J vaccine. One felt like they had the flu for a couple days, the other felt like they had the flu for a week
Good luck. Hope it's a quick and easy recovery.

Latest Discussions