Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
2 days straight of this type of thing....
Without going into detail, speaking from an IT professional POV......lI will just say.........users.....

iu

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We call those PICNIC errors. Problem in chair, not in computer.

There is another error I use....but the moderators may not like it if I post it. Although it technically would not break the TOS, it is pretty easy to see what it is saying written out....not so easy when it is said....but I'm going to steal and use the PICNIC error

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
2 days straight of this type of thing....
Without going into detail, speaking from an IT professional POV......lI will just say.........users.....

iu
Yeah, but any of us who use a keyboard regularly have been there more than once. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was even once that guy who didn’t check the cables before calling support.:oops:

Guy calls for support, he is angry that his computer was not working. Walk in and notice his desk is not where it use to be, He moved his desk, and his computer, by himself. This meant disconnecting his computer from power and plugging it in on the other side of his office. He had all the proper power cords (monitor and computer) plugged into the power strip......and...he had also plugged the powerstrip...into the power strip......

Also had 2 different occasions where someone complained about their computer not working. Both times when I got there, I asked them to show me what they were doing....both times they were powering the monitor off and on...pur never once touched the power button for the OC

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy calls for support, he is angry that his computer was not working. Walk in and notice his desk is not where it use to be, He moved his desk, and his computer, by himself. This meant disconnecting his computer from power and plugging it in on the other side of his office. He had all the proper power cords (monitor and computer) plugged into the power strip......and...he had also plugged the powerstrip...into the power strip......

Also had 2 different occasions where someone complained about their computer not working. Both times when I got there, I asked them to show me what they were doing....both times they were powering the monitor off and on...pur never once touched the power button for the OC
Have seen both of those, too. Though to be fair, the plug strips (two plugged into each other) apparently involved two different people plugging from opposite sides of the desk. I’ve always felt like that must be a valid metaphor for something, but I can’t figure out what.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have seen both of those, too. Though to be fair, the plug strips (two plugged into each other) apparently involved two different people plugging from opposite sides of the desk. I’ve always felt like that must be a valid metaphor for something, but I can’t figure out what.

Was this a power strip plugged into itself too?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng,
I got out of surgery and in my room about 3:00.
I have already been up twice to walk and have exercises to do every 10 & 30 minutes.
They did a spinal and nerve blocks instead of general anesthesia. When the spinal wore off it was rough for about 30 minutes then settled down. I have only taken Tylenol so far.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng,
I got out of surgery and in my room about 3:00.
I have already been up twice to walk and have exercises to do every 10 & 30 minutes.
They did a spinal and nerve blocks instead of general anesthesia. When the spinal wore off it was rough for about 30 minutes then settled down. I have only taken Tylenol so far.
Glad to hear you're doing well. Fewer drugs seems to help lead to a faster recovery, so good stuff there.

Latest Discussions