Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue, what is the latest on your saga. I am 8 days away for my left knee. Yes, he is doing it on a Saturday.

MRI last week, meet with doctor next week. But Mrs Xue wants me to get a second opinion. She has gotten multiple references for 2 other MDs, and my cousin who is an MD, knows both and thinks they are very good. They both work with this robotic thing that creates a custom knee to fit the individual. Something called the ROSA knee system. Mrs Xue patients that had this done are very happy. I have another appointment with one of them the first week in May. After that, I guess I will know what the heck is going on. They have been working with this ROSA thing for awhile now. The place I am going now just got it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
MRI last week, meet with doctor next week. But Mrs Xue wants me to get a second opinion. She has gotten multiple references for 2 other MDs, and my cousin who is an MD, knows both and thinks they are very good. They both work with this robotic thing that creates a custom knee to fit the individual. Something called the ROSA knee system. Mrs Xue patients that had this done are very happy. I have another appointment with one of them the first week in May. After that, I guess I will know what the heck is going on. They have been working with this ROSA thing for awhile now. The place I am going now just got it.
Wise the get the 2nd opinion. I am getting Styrker knees; same robotic surgery but a different brand of hardware. I am surprised to find that only about 10% of knee replacement surgery is robotic. And I really do not care if my Ortho does it either way since he has done over 12,000 knees. In a nutshell, it fixtures the leg and does 3D dimensioning for the surgeon. The cuts are still done by hand. So if the surgeon is skilled I don't really see a huge advantage.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wise the get the 2nd opinion. I am getting Styrker knees; same robotic surgery but a different brand of hardware. I am surprised to find that only about 10% of knee replacement surgery is robotic. And I really do not care if my Ortho does it either way since he has done over 12,000 knees. In a nutshell, it fixtures the leg and does 3D dimensioning for the surgeon. The cuts are still done by hand. So if the surgeon is skilled I don't really see a huge advantage.

All doctors in question have done multiple knee surgeries, not sure how many, but I am guessing the guy I am seeing next week has done less because he is the youngest

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
car saga part.....I forgot....
So after we had the breaks fixed, an emergency visit from our mechanic for a stiff stirring issue (more fluids....new tires (why people insist on putting the new tires on the front of a rear powered vehicle...I will never know.)
well, I drove to the store and back, and parked - on the grass, because, well, reasons of another issue involving cars - kid comes in the house MOM! What did you do to my truck!
we have one very flat tire. One very new very flat tire.

Where I parked it you could not jack it up
where the kid parked it you couldn't get the jack under it.
So we got it up, finally,
The spare had water in it (from bouncing around the bed for a few )
an attempt to take it to the gas station to get air in it failed (5 PM....everybody is on the road)
So we put it on.
Lower the jack
and the tire hisses...
as the air slowly escapes.
So tomorrow, hopefully it will be a little warmer, I will have to wrestle the tire in my Expedition - the very new and very flat one - to have it checked by the store, and hopefully fixed.
then return it to the truck, change the spare back off.
and see where we are.

The universe knows we got money coming!
FYI, if a spare has been setting for some time and has water inside it is junk and quite dangerous to use. It almost always means the tire has aged and has cracks in the side wall that let the air seep out and water in. A blowout waiting to happen. Plus, even if the tire took air it would shake violently going down the road if it had much water inside.
Dangerous stuff.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
All doctors in question have done multiple knee surgeries, not sure how many, but I am guessing the guy I am seeing next week has done less because he is the youngest
My guy said the robotic is a bigger advantage for lesser seasoned surgeons because it can reduce the margin of error. He also said it can increase bigger errors in some cases. Now, some of such talk I filter out as the doctors standard release statement. Nothing is a guarantee in this stuff of course.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My guy said the robotic is a bigger advantage for lesser seasoned surgeons because it can reduce the margin of error. He also said it can increase bigger errors in some cases. Now, some of such talk I filter out as the doctors standard release statement. Nothing is a guarantee in this stuff of course.

True, on a related note, last night my knee was amazingly flexible for a minute, it bent easily with no pain. but when I straightened it.....a noise came out of my knee I had never heard before and then the pressure started.

See MD 1 Monday and he will tell me about the the MRI

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
True, on a related note, last night my knee was amazingly flexible for a minute, it bent easily with no pain. but when I straightened it.....a noise came out of my knee I had never heard before and then the pressure started.

See MD 1 Monday and he will tell me about the the MRI
As crazy as it sounds I am convinced my knees hurt worse during a waning and no visible moon.
Honestly, my knees make so much noise I have gotten used to it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So we got a call from our local TKD dojo. And our jujitsu friend we have dubbed the Zohan has made an appearance there.

Apparently he offered to teach. But was told he wouldn't be a good fit.

If he turns up to the karate dojo. He very well might leave on a stretcher. The guy who runs that doesn't play around.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So we got a call from our local TKD dojo. And our jujitsu friend we have dubbed the Zohan has made an appearance there.

Apparently he offered to teach. But was told he wouldn't be a good fit.

If he turns up to the karate dojo. He very well might leave on a stretcher. The guy who runs that doesn't play around.
I hope they record it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
FYI, if a spare has been setting for some time and has water inside it is junk and quite dangerous to use. It almost always means the tire has aged and has cracks in the side wall that let the air seep out and water in. A blowout waiting to happen. Plus, even if the tire took air it would shake violently going down the road if it had much water inside.
Dangerous stuff.
well, it is about to fall 'off the rim' anyhow.
the trouble is though that the original flat had only been mounted a total of maybe 3 weeks.
So we had to go the other route: take the tire sans vehivle to the shop, get the tire fixed and put it on the truck. The next adventure will be to get the spare looked at (or replaced)
And kiddo learned a lesson: rotate the spare into the mix now and then.

I's be screwed, because the tailgate on my expedition has suddenly quit working. I couldn't even get the spare out the back.
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Watching Agents of Shield on Netflix. Why the heck didn't I watch this when it was on? Just starting season 2 and it's great so far.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it is about to fall 'off the rim' anyhow.
the trouble is though that the original flat had only been mounted a total of maybe 3 weeks.
So we had to go the other route: take the tire sans vehivle to the shop, get the tire fixed and put it on the truck. The next adventure will be to get the spare looked at (or replaced)
And kiddo learned a lesson: rotate the spare into the mix now and then.

I's be screwed, because the tailgate on my expedition has suddenly quit working. I couldn't even get the spare out the back.
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily
First
On
Race
Day

or

Found
On
Road
Dead

But I love my Ford ton truck. 330k and going strong. Ford Tough.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Huh? What's easter? What? No. That was a rhetorical question, get back to work!
200.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...the knee is up to me.....is it at the point where the MD says....yes, lets get it done, it needs it....no.....but he did say it likely will be in the future. If it is impeding my quality of life I should get it done. If I can bare it, I can wait. But it will very likely need to be done later.

I'm going for a walk, to think about it, and see how far I can get

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Person wants a software to be available globally on all laptops
I say, I do not think the is possible, the vendor has it set that way, but let me test to make sure
Person sends out email telling everyone we are going to make the available globally for all....before i tested anything
I tested....you cannot make it available globally, the vendor has it set that way in install
I tell Person, nope, can't do it
I am now waiting for the email telling everyone....oops...ummm...I guess we can't make it available globally......

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Add to above...I have now received 3 emails from person asking me the same question I answered the first time about how it installs and why it can't be global......I am now wondering how many times I have to answer the same question...But I have decided to use the copy and paste functions to save on me retyping the same thing over and over again

Latest Discussions