Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Come oooooon Medvedev! I do think this one is over though... Djokovic 2 sets up and a break in the 3rd.. mainly want Medvedev to win as he hasn't won a Grand Slam before hehe..

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Beach training the other day, but always do some exploring beforehand...

20210220_112334.jpg
20210220_112324.jpg
20210220_120233.jpg
20210220_115935.jpg
20210220_115918.jpg
20210220_115602.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-220240_Gallery.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
last week we were freezing, this week we consider breaking out the shorts
crazy weather

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Laughed so hard at this. Gets going at about 1 minute in... so funny.

That is some legit drumming to what sounded like a kids song. I don't want to know how bad he/she was sweating in that suit after that performance.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Laughed so hard at this. Gets going at about 1 minute in... so funny.

Saw a small band once, in a small bar, in a small town (Limestone) in NY. The drummer had a cast that kept his arm straight, and he did this song flawlessly

I have no idea how he did it, but all I could think was what is his drumming like without the cast

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Spent the day working from home, doing everything by e-mail. You know what I discovered today? People do not read email, because if they did I wold have only had to send about 1/3 of the emails I did, answering and re-answering questions, sending instructions only to send instructions again, explain thing in detail only to be asked questions that were answered in the detailed email... this likely comes as no surprise to anyone, especially me, I knew this a long time ago...I just forgot how frustrating days like this could be. I'm beat...and all I did was sit here answering and sending email.....thank you and goodnight

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Spent the day working from home, doing everything by e-mail. You know what I discovered today? People do not read email, because if they did I wold have only had to send about 1/3 of the emails I did, answering and re-answering questions, sending instructions only to send instructions again, explain thing in detail only to be asked questions that were answered in the detailed email... this likely comes as no surprise to anyone, especially me, I knew this a long time ago...I just forgot how frustrating days like this could be. I'm beat...and all I did was sit here answering and sending email.....thank you and goodnight
I feel ya. as someone who gets somewhere around 150 emails a day, I will admit I often only get the high points. I'm sure you're an excellent writer and your emails are clear and concise, but I get a lot that aren't, and if the lead is buried, I'm likely to miss it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wanda vision was great today.

And tomorrow I get to demolish an island. Took out the stuff we are recycling after work today (insinkerator, instant hot water, and dishwasher). Took out the sink and the plumbing. Tomorrow is all about the sawsall and the sledge hammer.

And the broom.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wanda vision was great today.

And tomorrow I get to demolish an island. Took out the stuff we are recycling after work today (insinkerator, instant hot water, and dishwasher). Took out the sink and the plumbing. Tomorrow is all about the sawsall and the sledge hammer.

And the broom.
Took me a sec to realize what you meant by island...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I feel ya. as someone who gets somewhere around 150 emails a day, I will admit I often only get the high points. I'm sure you're an excellent writer and your emails are clear and concise, but I get a lot that aren't, and if the lead is buried, I'm likely to miss it.

It is something I have noticed since the pandemic and folks having to work from home. THey seem to be getting less attentive to the emails the recieve

Requests as to how to get something to work, use basic technical writing, steps 1, 2, 3 and then get an email with more questions that tells me they did not red 2, 3, repeat 2 more times. Or a request for a server address, give server address, and get 5 more emails that end with, they didn't realize that was the server address....even though all the email I sent said was, "this is the server address"

I do realize that in some cases it may be me responding as a tech to non-technical people, but most of yesterday was much lie the above

Just a semi-rough day

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is something I have noticed since the pandemic and folks having to work from home. THey seem to be getting less attentive to the emails the recieve

Requests as to how to get something to work, use basic technical writing, steps 1, 2, 3 and then get an email with more questions that tells me they did not red 2, 3, repeat 2 more times. Or a request for a server address, give server address, and get 5 more emails that end with, they didn't realize that was the server address....even though all the email I sent said was, "this is the server address"

I do realize that in some cases it may be me responding as a tech to non-technical people, but most of yesterday was much lie the above

Just a semi-rough day
at least you an go to the basement and hit something....
or have tea

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wiped out several wasp nests around the outside of the house, killed a bunch of centipedes (nasty bastards out here) wiped out about a third of the mud wasps, I'll leave the others be. Getting ready for a puppy. :)

Latest Discussions