Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Australian Rolling Open 2018!!! Preeetty sure doc's advice for a sprained ankle was to go rollerblading...
b684c257e01130b9cd50e56154f4477a.jpg
As long as your doc is not on MT, you should be ok. We won't tell.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’d love to have a castle. Then teach junk Martial Arts there. We could call it McFortress.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
11/11 yesterday, so...

100 round sparring event fundraising for a veteran's charity.

I am somewhat fatigued.

Was only one minute rounds, but also only a 10 second gap between them to swap partners.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
11/11 yesterday, so...

100 round sparring event fundraising for a veteran's charity.

I am somewhat fatigued.

Was only one minute rounds, but also only a 10 second gap between them to swap partners.

That's awesome, bro. Nicely done.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In what Dana White called maybe the wildest finish in UFC history the other night - in which Yair Rodriguez kayoed the Korean Zombie, Chan Sung Jung, with a no look, backwards, vertical elbow with ONE SECOND left in a five round fight.....

And afterwards....they take a selfie together. Man, I love Martial Arts.

KoreanZombie and Rodriguez.jpeg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
In what Dana White called maybe the wildest finish in UFC history the other night - in which Yair Rodriguez kayoed the Korean Zombie, Chan Sung Jung, with a no look, backwards, vertical elbow with ONE SECOND left in a five round fight.....

And afterwards....they take a selfie together. Man, I love Martial Arts.

View attachment 21907
I don't think I've ever seen anyone looking like... "Holy CRAP, I got beat!" and "WOW, that was an amazing fight!" at the same time.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, I am a sissi maybe, but dang, when both fighters wake up in the hospital....
Yo, Adrienne, how did we get here?!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to a local fishmonger today - the same one we found when we were here two years ago. Bought some fabulous scallops and some fish fillets. Cooked up the scallops with some butter, salt, and Mrs. Dash, in a bit of broth from cooking the mushroom ravioli, asparagus on the side - roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper. There is something to be said for having a fabulous ingredient like freshly-harvested scallops to work with. Had Bridge Road sauvignon blanc with it - amazing.

The best part of it was - she actually made recommendation as to the best way to cook the fish (we weren't familiar with it). I love places like that and people like that - when they don't just sell an excellent product but make sure people who buy it have the best possible experience with it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Went to a local fishmonger today - the same one we found when we were here two years ago. Bought some fabulous scallops and some fish fillets. Cooked up the scallops with some butter, salt, and Mrs. Dash, in a bit of broth from cooking the mushroom ravioli, asparagus on the side - roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper. There is something to be said for having a fabulous ingredient like freshly-harvested scallops to work with. Had Bridge Road sauvignon blanc with it - amazing.

The best part of it was - she actually made recommendation as to the best way to cook the fish (we weren't familiar with it). I love places like that and people like that - when they don't just sell an excellent product but make sure people who buy it have the best possible experience with it.
so that beast actually exists?!
the 'fish monger' here is the Gordon fisherman....and Jimmy Dean is the butcher....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions