Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, but now I REALLY want one. Since I know people who had been to one. Also, the hairstylist who did my hair today has a bull mastiff. So, I want one too.
Are-Bullmastiffs-Considered-an-Aggressive-Breed.png
you can ride one of those!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
you can ride one of those!
Well, duh! Why do you think I want one? I tried riding standard-size horses. As far as I'm concerned they were invented for some giant freaks with legs of unreasonable length, capable of spending hours in a horizontal split.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mastiffs are the best!

I used to have a Cane Corso mastiff...just a big baby but great family watch dog.
The hair stylist said this was her second bull mastiff - and both were the best babysitters ever. She never had to actually hire a human one.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think in Italy, if you agree to use it for a specific type of business (tourism-related, IIRC), they will quite literally gift you the castle.

Well, sort of.
The castles (or towers, or just farm houses) are all in pretty rotten shape. If you agree to fully restore the property and open it to the public as a hotel or such, you can get a nine year lease that costs you nothing. The Italian government retains ownership, and after that nine years you're going to be paying.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, sort of.
The castles (or towers, or just farm houses) are all in pretty rotten shape. If you agree to fully restore the property and open it to the public as a hotel or such, you can get a nine year lease that costs you nothing. The Italian government retains ownership, and after that nine years you're going to be paying.
Hm, the nine year part I didn't know. That's a shame.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hm, the nine year part I didn't know. That's a shame.

I can totally understand it. These places have a historic significance, and what the Italian government seems to be trying to do is find creative ways to get them restored.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But you still need like millions to fix it up...
Yes, I have sorta kinda considered it seriously...
I think in Italy, if you agree to use it for a specific type of business (tourism-related, IIRC), they will quite literally gift you the castle.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can totally understand it. These places have a historic significance, and what the Italian government seems to be trying to do is find creative ways to get them restored.
Yeah. Im by no means saying it's a bad thing, and I would love for all of them to get restored, however possible. Especially if they become tourism related, since for the most part that will probably result in them becoming theaters, hotels or museums. Hopefully (IMO) mostly museums.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Australian Rolling Open 2018!!! Preeetty sure doc's advice for a sprained ankle was to go rollerblading...
b684c257e01130b9cd50e56154f4477a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions