Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about that today up in Melbourne.. insane... still not sure of the details but something about a car bomb. And I saw the clip, the dude trying to cut the policeman with a knife :s

Trying to chop everyone apparently.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just discovered I will be missing my monday night class to go to a bridal expo. That is my favorite class. But my fiancee would kill me if I cancel the expo for martial arts.
There are many things I did in preparation for my wedding. None of them were anything like that. I feel for you.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about that today up in Melbourne.. insane... still not sure of the details but something about a car bomb. And I saw the clip, the dude trying to cut the policeman with a knife :s
Yikes... Come on, Australia, not you too!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just discovered I will be missing my monday night class to go to a bridal expo. That is my favorite class. But my fiancee would kill me if I cancel the expo for martial arts.
Why do you have to go to a bridal expo? You can just pull up The Knot web site and see all the same things - neatly organized by category.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why do you have to go to a bridal expo? You can just pull up The Knot web site and see all the same things - neatly organized by category.

If I had to guess....because he needs to pick his battles.

And when it comes to wedding planning he would probably be fighting uphill...lol.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Last Person.....
The purpose of this thread is to be the "last person" to have the thread i.e. the last person to post.

You can make any post you like to retain possession of the thread

Past 3 editions were pretty popular. Can this one top them?

Thread locked and game reset somewhere after 10,000 posts. ;)
[\quote]

LPT#1 - Winner: Terryl965 Post#67,960
LPT#2 - Winner: Seasoned Post#10,453
LPT#3 - Winner: Granfire Post#10,276
LPT#4 - Winner:Xue Sheng! Post 10003
LPT#5 - Winner: Granfire Post #10142
LPT#6 - Winner: who knows? The Shadow knows it just might be YOU!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@CB Jones nailed it. She wants to go. There are other things I'm probably going to be/are already in disagreement with her about the wedding, this is one where letting her have her way is probably the smarter choice.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
@CB Jones nailed it. She wants to go. There are other things I'm probably going to be/are already in disagreement with her about the wedding, this is one where letting her have her way is probably the smarter choice.
That is so sad... @gpseymour and I had so much fun with our wedding - we keep saying we should get divorced so we could have another one. No expos. No bridal shops. I bought one bridal magazine - to make sure the Universe doesn't explode in case I didn't. That was pretty much it. I think our only "glitch", if you can call it that, was that the first menu we submitted raised some eyebrows - they had to remind us we were only going to have 36 people and not 70 and not 100. So, lesson learned - never plan an event menu while hungry. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is so sad... @gpseymour and I had so much fun with our wedding - we keep saying we should get divorced so we could have another one. No expos. No bridal shops. I bought one bridal magazine - to make sure the Universe doesn't explode in case I didn't. That was pretty much it. I think our only "glitch", if you can call it that, was that the first menu we submitted raised some eyebrows - they had to remind us we were only going to have 36 people and not 70 and not 100. So, lesson learned - never plan an event menu while hungry. :)

Sue and I had a judge come out and marry us at our house with family and a few close friends. Because she wanted a wedding here. Then we went to England and exchanged vows on the battlements of one of the castles we stayed in. Because that's what I wanted.
But here's the genius part.
The two weddings were exactly a week apart, and the one in England was on the anniversary of our first date, to boot.
Since the one here was her desire, every year she plans what we're going to do and takes me out, and I do the same for the one in England. So I'm 100% immune to the man-fear of forgetting an anniversary. Unless she also forgets, I'm guaranteed a 1 week reminder. And if she forgets, then I've got a Get Out of Jail For Free card. Pure genius, if I do say so myself.

This is Amberley Castle. We got married right outside the gate tower to the right.

DCAM0382.JPG

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I'm 100% immune to the man-fear of forgetting an anniversary. Unless she also forgets, I'm guaranteed a 1 week reminder. And if she forgets, then I've got a Get Out of Jail For Free card. Pure genius, if I do say so myself.

Real Men of Genius stuff right there.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sue and I had a judge come out and marry us at our house with family and a few close friends. Because she wanted a wedding here. Then we went to England and exchanged vows on the battlements of one of the castles we stayed in. Because that's what I wanted.
The two weddings were exactly a week apart, and the one in England was on the anniversary of our first date, to boot.
Since the one here was her desire, every year she plans what we're going to do and takes me out, and I do the same for the one in England. So I'm 100% immune to the man-fear of forgetting an anniversary. Unless she also forgets, I'm guaranteed a 1 week reminder. And if she forgets, then I've got a Get Out of Jail For Free card. Pure genius, if I do say so myself.

This is Amberley Castle. We got married right outside the gate tower to the right.

View attachment 21898
Well played, sir.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

View attachment 21898
Yes. That is quite brilliant. And now I want a castle.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're actually both enjoying it. We argue about certain points, but we both enjoy that part too. I'd be fine with the expo, if it didn't take away from my martial arts time

Her mom was also very insistent on us having a large wedding-her family is a big italian family, so apparently it's "expected". We agreed, only if she paid for the venue. We've still got to pay for everything else, but a large chunk of it is gone.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, but now I REALLY want one. Since I know people who had been to one. Also, the hairstylist who did my hair today has a bull mastiff. So, I want one too.
Are-Bullmastiffs-Considered-an-Aggressive-Breed.png

Mastiffs are the best!

I used to have a Cane Corso mastiff...just a big baby but great family watch dog.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. That is quite brilliant. And now I want a castle.

There are plenty for sale...

I think Caverswall is up for sale right now. We stayed there, too. Very nice place. Walled (but not crenelated...) and still partially moated.

012-Caverswall-Castle-Staffordshire-England-03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions