Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got to love it when there is a procedure in place to follow for scheduling meetings...and people don't follow the procedure so the proper people are never informed...and then they get all sorts of indignant when things don't get done....pointing fingers, yelling, placing blame and then all you need to say is...did you follow procedure....the answer is ALWAYS no..... well then..... guess whose fault it is.....
Have you guys heard of Microsoft outlook?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have you guys heard of Microsoft outlook?

If they followed the procedure there is a form in Microsoft outlook they fill out and low and behold everyone that needs to know that can assist them is alerted and the room is even secured for them.

However if they send an e-mail in Microsoft outlook that says, I have a meeting in such and such a room with no other info then big deal, who cares, have fun. But when they get there and noting is setup for them, and then they show up at my desk yelling like an idiot, well.... sucks to be them.... follow procedure and this type of thing would not happen.

I have started looking at every e-mail that comes in and sending them the link to the proper form and giving them directions how to use it, since they apparently forgot. But I can't catch them all between all our regional offices, NYC and here.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, that's just being friendly - providing a free service out of the goodness of your heart. Right?

Yup.

But alas, I remembered something from when my (use to be) Buddhist mother-in-law lived with us....... spent some time listening to this and ignoring others, so for now, the qinna lessons have been postponed

This use to play constantly in her house in Beijing,, and when she first moved in with us, it has a strange calming effect on me and eventually I didn't even know it is playing, until I actually think about it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If they followed the procedure there is a form in Microsoft outlook they fill out and low and behold everyone that needs to know that can assist them is alerted and the room is even secured for them.

However if they send an e-mail in Microsoft outlook that says, I have a meeting in such and such a room with no other info then big deal, who cares, have fun. But when they get there and noting is setup for them, and then they show up at my desk yelling like an idiot, well.... sucks to be them.... follow procedure and this type of thing would not happen.

I have started looking at every e-mail that comes in and sending them the link to the proper form and giving them directions how to use it, since they apparently forgot. But I can't catch them all between all our regional offices, NYC and here.
Just tall them you will shunn them....forever more....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
guys always have an excuse, don't they!
That's ok. Contrary to popular opinion, I am extremely introverted. So, if I had to meet a totally new person in a strange place full of other people I didn't know, it would have been tough. That's why I keep inviting you all to come over - it's easier for me to meet new people on my own turf. Besides, I can't roast a duck at someone else's restaurant. ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's ok. Contrary to popular opinion, I am extremely introverted. So, if I had to meet a totally new person in a strange place full of other people I didn't know, it would have been tough. That's why I keep inviting you all to come over - it's easier for me to meet new people on my own turf. Besides, I can't roast a duck at someone else's restaurant. ;)

Thanks, but you live 37,000,000 miles away

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's it...tech issues be damned.... I'm going to just sit here and drink my tea.....don't bother me when I'm drinking my tea...you won't like me if you bother me while I'm drinking my tea
tenor.gif

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's it...tech issues be damned.... I'm going to just sit here and drink my tea.....don't bother me when I'm drinking my tea...you won't like me if you bother me while I'm drinking my tea
tenor.gif
Did they bother you while you drank your tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.