Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well finally broke down and bought the wife a new ride.

We went with a dodge durango
View attachment 21889

Her last vehicle made it 6 years and 170,000 miles....hope this one does the same

Well I finally broke down and bought the wife a new ride too....but when I say broke down I mean I had no idea we were looking at cars that day, she asked me to meet her at the dealership and test drive a car or two....and then I was told I was no longer needed she was going to buy it now and I could go home

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I finally broke down and bought the wife a new ride too....but when I say broke down I mean I had no idea we were looking at cars that day, she asked me to meet her at the dealership and test drive a car or two....and then I was told I was no longer needed she was going to buy it now and I could go home

We really did broke down.

Went in because the van was having trouble starting. Found out the TIPM had went out. They wanted $1,500 to replace the TIPM on a van with 160000 miles.

Seemed like a good time to buy a new one. (We had been discussing it prior but this forced us to pull the trigger)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Went in because the van was having trouble starting. Found out the TIPM had went out. They wanted $1,500 to replace the TIPM on a van with 160000 miles.

Seemed like a good time to buy a new one. (We had been discussing it prior but this forced us to pull the trigger)

We weren't discussing it, her car was running fine.....it came as a complete surprise to me.....but now she has a new car....and now were discussing replacing mine....apparently her new car is offended by my old car :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am sure your old car isn't as offensive as mine.
(It has not moved out of the driveway in a couple of weeks...steep hills and gone breaks do not mix well)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Met with @gpseymour yesterday. It really makes a difference sometimes talking in person rather than over messages. Makes me want to try again and meet with some other forum members.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Was in a similar place last March... Starting to spend a several of car payments in random lumps throughout the year, and it was time to just budget a new car payment each month, rather than come up with several at a time...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Met with @gpseymour yesterday. It really makes a difference sometimes talking in person rather than over messages. Makes me want to try again and meet with some other forum members.
The Hobbit didn't forcefeed bacon to you, did she?
(I would love to meet her though....but I doubt my energy level would keep up)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Hobbit didn't forcefeed bacon to you, did she?
(I would love to meet her though....but I doubt my energy level would keep up)
Unfortunately I did not get to meet the better half. And there was no bacon whatsoever on my plate.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Got to love it when there is a procedure in place to follow for scheduling meetings...and people don't follow the procedure so the proper people are never informed...and then they get all sorts of indignant when things don't get done....pointing fingers, yelling, placing blame and then all you need to say is...did you follow procedure....the answer is ALWAYS no..... well then..... guess whose fault it is.....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's a good use for a mean duck.
You do mean geese as well?
Which is a trick question, because all geese are mean.....
I've never tried to roast a goose. I don't think I'd ever seen one sold at the store. I am pretty sure I could handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions