Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Had a few before, years ago, the one in my elbow has lated years, however the hip lasted only 3 days. I guess I'll see how long this lasts

Apparently I am not a candidate for a total knee, and I likely will never be. However I will very likely become a candidate for a partial knee, but I am not yet
What does it take to be a candidate? I mean, aren't you walking with a cane, for pete's sake?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a few before, years ago, the one in my elbow has lated years, however the hip lasted only 3 days. I guess I'll see how long this lasts

Apparently I am not a candidate for a total knee, and I likely will never be. However I will very likely become a candidate for a partial knee, but I am not yet
I have had a Lot if people tell Not to have a partial. Many have had bad results.
The only exception I can think of is a friend who who received a blunt trauma which damaged a specific part of her knee. The knee was fully healthy before the injury.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
e757957698febec8bcdf48fd861865fc.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Grug? Must be an Australian thing.

Also, while I have you, what is a bunyip?
Ah actually, yeah it is an Australian series haha. He's essentially a native bush that walks around doing random things, and in almost every book he always takes a tumble, somehow manages to falls over!

Ahhh the bunyip! Grab a seat and gather round the fire for this dreadful tale of tales...... no I actually am not 100% sure haha. I do know it's an mythical indigenous water creature, but depictions of it vary.. from like a seal-dog, to long-necked creatures with small heads... like an emu head, horse like tail... but still with flippers or fins... bizarre...

As a kid we used to go to a place that did a 'Bunyip Boat ride'. You'd go out on the boat, and at various times the Bunyip (a mechanical one) would emerge up from the water and go back under! It was thrilling XD

Bunyip - Wikipedia

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What does it take to be a candidate? I mean, aren't you walking with a cane, for pete's sake?

Not a candidate means that the joint, as viewed in an x-ray, is not yet bad enough. As for the cane, I am happy to say O have not had to use one at all since January 11. Not even after our last minor snowfall. With the previous snow fall accumulations, I was back in a brace and using a cane, even though I wore te braces for the snow removal. However I am still limping and that is why I got 2 cortisone shots in my knee yesterday on two different areas...the second one hurt more than any other cortisone shot I have received. Now I just wait to see if it makes a difference. And with another snowstorm starting today, I will get a chance to test it, whether I like it or not

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ah actually, yeah it is an Australian series haha. He's essentially a native bush that walks around doing random things, and in almost every book he always takes a tumble, somehow manages to falls over!

Ahhh the bunyip! Grab a seat and gather round the fire for this dreadful tale of tales...... no I actually am not 100% sure haha. I do know it's an mythical indigenous water creature, but depictions of it vary.. from like a seal-dog, to long-necked creatures with small heads... like an emu head, horse like tail... but still with flippers or fins... bizarre...

As a kid we used to go to a place that did a 'Bunyip Boat ride'. You'd go out on the boat, and at various times the Bunyip (a mechanical one) would emerge up from the water and go back under! It was thrilling XD

Bunyip - Wikipedia
Ah, I just remember it from a show I watched as a kid, Dot and the Kangaroo. Still think it's bizarre.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not a candidate means that the joint, as viewed in an x-ray, is not yet bad enough. As for the cane, I am happy to say O have not had to use one at all since January 11. Not even after our last minor snowfall. With the previous snow fall accumulations, I was back in a brace and using a cane, even though I wore te braces for the snow removal. However I am still limping and that is why I got 2 cortisone shots in my knee yesterday on two different areas...the second one hurt more than any other cortisone shot I have received. Now I just wait to see if it makes a difference. And with another snowstorm starting today, I will get a chance to test it, whether I like it or not
That stinks.

On the news radio in the morning, there are ads for stem cell therapy. I'm guessing you've looked into it. Is that a scam, or is there potentially something there?

Or I hear crystals may help. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That stinks.

On the news radio in the morning, there are ads for stem cell therapy. I'm guessing you've looked into it. Is that a scam, or is there potentially something there?

Or I hear crystals may help. :D

Talked with my MD and my wife about stem call therapy, both think it is a great way to get $5000 dollars out of people for doing the same thing, at best, a $5.00 Cortisone shot does. And Stem Cell therapy is generally not covered by insurance

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Talked with my MD and my wife about stem call therapy, both think it is a great way to get $5000 dollars out of people for doing the same thing, at best, a $5.00 Cortisone shot does. And Stem Cell therapy is generally not covered by insurance
Yeah, I will let others be the guinea pig.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ah, that's interesting. I just hear the commercials on the radio in the mornings. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I do not believe most insurance will cover stem cell therapy. It is sad when the health care industry is trolling. "Just 24 easy payments" crap. Getting as bad as ambulance chasing lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions