Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife bought me a new coffee grinder. Now I just have to wait until October to get it. :(

In the words of Inigo Montesano, “I hate waiting.”
Oh no. Autocorrect didn’t like Inigo Montoya. I don’t know who Montesano is!!!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was looking for a grinder that wouldn't completely break the bank, that was good for coffee and espresso. I ended up ordering a Niche Zero.
That is quite possibly the best choice... exceptional grinder. Have heard just far too many good things about it, and from initial users too in which it's still going strong for them.

Would probably be my next grinder if mine bites the dust (although 4 grinders currently, so a few to fall back on XD )

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That is quite possibly the best choice... exceptional grinder. Have heard just far too many good things about it, and from initial users too in which it's still going strong for them.

Would probably be my next grinder if mine bites the dust (although 4 grinders currently, so a few to fall back on XD )
Four grinders... wow. :)

I also just picked up a ROK manual espresso machine. It was at a thrift shop for $50, so I couldn't pass it up.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mothra.jpeg

Mothra.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For your viewing pleasure, I give you a gaggle of geese in a Goose Parade:

That was cool, I liked that.

In Boston's Public Garden they have a cool nod to that.

geeseparadePGardens.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Four grinders... wow. :)

I also just picked up a ROK manual espresso machine. It was at a thrift shop for $50, so I couldn't pass it up.
Yeah currently using one for espresso and one for filter (V60, Aeropress etc), even though I don't really need to haha. Sharing the workload.

Ah very nice, sweet deal!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That cannot be real!!!

If so... we are all surely doomed.

I figured it was probably Australian. You guys got bugs there that even the pics give me the willies!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today opens what I started calling my "immigration week". The dates are flipped, but it still works... more or less. Today is the 12th anniversary of my getting sworn in as a US Citizen. Next Monday is the 26th anniversary of my having arrived in the United States. I will be posting a series of TikTok videos, talking a little bit about what it was like and answering questions. If you have any questions, let me know!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Today opens what I started calling my "immigration week". The dates are flipped, but it still works... more or less. Today is the 12th anniversary of my getting sworn in as a US Citizen. Next Monday is the 26th anniversary of my having arrived in the United States. I will be posting a series of TikTok videos, talking a little bit about what it was like and answering questions. If you have any questions, let me know!
Congrats.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats.
Thank you. It was a very long and weird journey. I never thought I would be asked whether I was a communist, a nazi, or a member of Al Queada on the same conversation - but I was. And my favorite bit was being asked whether I , myself, personally, had ever attempted to invade a country. Considering my... um... hobbit nature and appearance, I was very flattered that I was capable of making enough of an impression on someone to ask that question. (The hysterical giggling you all are hearing is @gpseymour officially losing it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions