Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
None of that actually has the slightest impact on our ability to develop treatments/vaccines....
the mutations do....
and the lack of understanding if the virus actually does create an immunity.

Or is it like the measles, apparently wiping the immunity memory.....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I need to get the last of the DS games. I kind of slacked.
But you can't go wrong with the classics!
(I loved Sapphire! some really neat features there!)
I usually kind of fizzle out after the initial run through, unless the elgendaries are easy enough to get, I probably won't. In Emerald it was Rayquaiza. I am not sure I caught him (but I have a co-player who is more into collecting them all)

Yeah I really wanted to get Emerald, but for some reason I thought it was made for the DS, but it's GBA! So the 3DS remake of Ruby will do. I wanted to play sequentially so I can see the new pokemon additions over time, would be overwhelmed going to the newest!

Even though the story tends to be fairly similar and not a strong point, still curious to see the different plots.

Oh goodness catching the legendaries in Gold/Silver... that was traumatic!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
we only just begun.
Hubby talked to his doctor yesterday, He expects this to drag on, quite possibly for next year as well.
So I might have to sew up them other 10 masks as well!
Yeah.. it's not an easy thing to figure out. Yeah who knows how long it'll go on... we're all just navigating as best as we all can. Never would I have ever thought 2020 would pan out like this!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
None of that actually has the slightest impact on our ability to develop treatments/vaccines....
Actually, the number and nature of mutations does have the impact. That is why we sometimes have very mild flu seasons and sometimes - really gnarly ones. The strains the vaccines were developed for turn out to be less prevalent, most people get other strains, from which the vaccines don't protect as well. And flu is the monster we know relatively well. This thing... we don't know very well at all. There are some really great scientists on YouTube and TikTok - PhDs in immunology and epidemology - who explain this very well, including exactly why developing a good, effective vaccine is a challenge. There are some promising developments - that is true. So, we'll see how it goes.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Happy Fourth, Y'all.

Mother Nature is giving up the big Negatory with a huge thunderstorm that popped up out of nowhere, with some howling good wind, and minor hail.
My roof got rinsed off well. We will grill indoors though...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I have to go in for a COVID test tomorrow morning. My doctor thinks it’s shingles, but I guess rash, headache, and fatigue are among the odd symptoms that can occur with COVID, too. Never thought I’d say this, but fingers crossed it’s just shingles. Ugh.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I have to go in for a COVID test tomorrow morning. My doctor thinks it’s shingles, but I guess rash, headache, and fatigue are among the odd symptoms that can occur with COVID, too. Never thought I’d say this, but fingers crossed it’s just shingles. Ugh.
Fingers, toes, horns, tail, and all other appendages crossed.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Happy fourth guys...

I'm having pizza and cheese sticks today...

The firecrackers later today will no doubt be a problem... kudos to whoever the heck is out poppin' fireworks ,but my dog hates them and will run around the house like a madman tonight trying to figure out where the loud noises are coming from.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Steve.. hoping it's nothing serious mate, and that you get better soon. Keep us posted

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
fingers crossed!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Steve.. hoping it's nothing serious mate, and that you get better soon. Keep us posted
I’m sure it’s nothing, but better safe than sorry. The swab in the nose was not painful, but I would certainly say it’s not comfortable. I’ll have the official results within a few days.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Happy fourth guys...

I'm having pizza and cheese sticks today...

The firecrackers later today will no doubt be a problem... kudos to whoever the heck is out poppin' fireworks ,but my dog hates them and will run around the house like a madman tonight trying to figure out where the loud noises are coming from.
My St. Bernard his behind my nightstand. She would have crawled under the bed if she could fit.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Best thoughts to you, Steve. Fingers crossed.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If we are talking about the same shingles I will take having this virus 10 times before having the shingles again. The oozing sores and pain are very high on the pain scale, and I have had a Lot of breaks and pins and plates.
Mine were on my neck and head making a crescent around the back of my right ear. There is no way to find a 'comfortable' position to sleep and the pain makes it very hard anyway. Mine lasted over a week before they started drying up. My older sister had them on her back and had to be hospitalized.
Comparing this virus to the shingles is like comparing a bad cold to a break through compound fracture.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If we are talking about the same shingles I will take having this virus 10 times before having the shingles again. The oozing sores and pain are very high on the pain scale, and I have had a Lot of breaks and pins and plates.
Mine were on my neck and head making a crescent around the back of my right ear. There is no way to find a 'comfortable' position to sleep and the pain makes it very hard anyway. Mine lasted over a week before they started drying up. My older sister had them on her back and had to be hospitalized.
Comparing this virus to the shingles is like comparing a bad cold to a break through compound fracture.
shingles is horrible, it has a particularly low death rate though, so its swings and roundabouts.

iit tends to hit those that are older and or with weakened immune systems, as these are the same persons who suffer major respiratory problems with covid, i think id choose shingles over a ventilator, but thats just me, unfortunately nobody gives you the option to choose, so its a bit hypothetical

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Needed a place to vent, so I am stopping in to do that
Since last week
> My home phone is not working, again, 3 time in a month....repair guy coming today
> My sprinkler system sprung a leak and is crating a sinkhole in my side yard...repair coming Friday
> A large locust tree limb, the size of most trees, fell on my roof. The irony here was it was supposed to be removed months ago, but the pandemic shut everything down so it could not be removed.... working on getting someone here to remove it

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Needed a place to vent, so I am stopping in to do that
Since last week
> My home phone is not working, again, 3 time in a month....repair guy coming today
> My sprinkler system sprung a leak and is crating a sinkhole in my side yard...repair coming Friday
> A large locust tree limb, the size of most trees, fell on my roof. The irony here was it was supposed to be removed months ago, but the pandemic shut everything down so it could not be removed.... working on getting someone here to remove it
They say bad things happen in "threes", Xue. Hope that's the end of it for you. And nice to see you. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Damn, @Xue, life's coming at you from all sides. Hang in there, bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions