Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, related to the D&D thing, do any of you guys who play RPGs use software to help? I used PCGen for a long time, and was glad to see that they're still updating the program and adding new things. I was even more glad to see that Starfinder was included. What, if anything, do you guys use?
Going to second roll20. Pretty useful for online. Kanka.io is also useful for keeping track of the story, and there's a good mapmaking website that I don't have bookmarked on this laptop, but I'll message my brother when I get the chance to tell me it (I gave him my old laptop where I've got it bookmarked).

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haven't been on here in like 3 days, and probably won't be for a few more. Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that my wedding went off well. Problems occurred both before and after the ceremony, but the wedding itself went without a hitch!

Congratulations brother that's awesome the ceremony went well, wish you guys all the happiness in the world :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on here in like 3 days, and probably won't be for a few more. Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that my wedding went off well. Problems occurred both before and after the ceremony, but the wedding itself went without a hitch!
I'm glad to hear all went well. I hope you both had a blast with it!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hey. Congratulations! I hope you two have a long, happy, and healthy life together.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now how did I miss that!
Congratulations, you have been made an honest man out of. :D
Understandably you are not exactly in the mood to play on the net!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just reading an article about how China was talking about sending 200,000 ducks into Pakistan to help with the locust infestation.

Firstly, who the hell has a Strategic Duck Stockpile?
Secondly, why don't we?
Thirdly, who would have thought we'd reach a point in 2020 in which the correct response to the latest crisis is "release the quacken!"?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was just reading an article about how China was talking about sending 200,000 ducks into Pakistan to help with the locust infestation.

Secondly, why don't we?
Thirdly, who would have thought we'd reach a point in 2020 in which the correct response to the latest crisis is "release the quacken!"?

Hahaha XD. That IS fascinating...

You know, an extra 200,000 ducks hangin round here would come in handy...

I think 2020 thus far has warranted such odd responses!

QUACK, QUACK!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

Secondly, why don't we?

China slaughters somewhere around 3 billion ducks a year. Ducks are Asia's #1 poultry source. So 200,000 isn't even strategic, more like a scouting party.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
779e1f9d3c503835087abd158afa8b44--bunny-quotes-duck-season.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Popping in because I managed to blow through my workload at Mach 2 this week and have a couple of hours to breathe. Please note, this update is not for people who still believe that the pandemic is a hoax or "is just like flu". Please, I don't want any comments from you - I am too tired for this. For everyone else...

Between our county and the nearest one next to us, we've had over 1,200 cases and just over 100 deaths. So... nothing like the nightmare they are dealing with in NYC or LA. I have friends in both and am worried sick about them daily. Nonetheless, the situation at the hospital is complicated and changing daily. First of all, there is the issue of the rural clinics and hospitals who don't have the same amount of staff and the same stockpile of protective equipment. This necessitates the constant moving of people and resources. A lot of the med personnel doesn't know where they might be working next week. Everyone is encouraged to try and not go crazy. Because of this movement, this creates issues for us in non-med personnel, because the billing matrices where certain providers are linked to certain facilities, are lagging behind with updates. So, there are lots of systems errors, which have to be research and fixed manually (enter yours truly).

Another issue is that we have a very large aging population and quite a few nursing homes. When a case pops up at a nursing home, everyone from there is just batch-shipped to the nearest hospital for testing. So, there is this yo-yoing of workload because of that. In addition, there are lots of reirees in the area with chronic bronchitis and asthma - that's the whole reason they moved to live in the mountains. So, they become concerned because they are not sure whether their symptoms are just regular symptoms or the beginnings of COVID. Thus, they come to the hospital asking to be tested. Nobody's fault there - they do the right thing, and the staff does the right thing by getting them tested, it can't be helped, but also goes in waves.

All of us in non-med are constantly encouraged to stay home - out of the way and out of danger. Since I am compromised and already have a diminished lung capacity, I have been in a self-induced quarantine since March. I haven't hugged a friend since March 21. Haven't had a live fitness class since March 14. I am getting by with Zoom classes, which our amazing instructors continue to offer. In addition to work, continuing to make videos for TikTok and YouTube to stay sane. It's not very effective, but something...

Everyone stay safe and well!

Status
Not open for further replies.