Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I get a job a government job offer, from a government office, sent to my government e-mail and I have to log into a government site to accept or decline.....I use my government credentials to successfully log into the government site to respond.

When I try and respond it tell me my Government credentials, for a government job, on a government site will not work.... I need a personal account...

But wait, it gets better. In the actual instructions is says you need a personal account, but if you have a government account you can use that to log in.....which I did....and it told me I needed a personal account

Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous
That's government for ya

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I literally just did that tonight and then saw this post!

Did one of the free online karate sessions available at the moment, and it really emphasised that. Even starting with the foot already off the ground and 'twitching' into the kick. That the limbs aren't doing the punch/kick but the core/centre is.
Very cool! I actually just finished recording a video on alternatives to conventional crunches and leg lifts. I talked about standing ab crunches too.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my employees was admitted to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia. Being tested for covid19, and is in icu in isolation. I’d appreciate some positive energy sent her way. She’s pretty frightened.
Sending good vibes. I hope she gets better.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
@Steve

a-bit of clarification. I do believe you mean the 7 samurai since Mifune was not in the 47 Ronin. But did you mean the 7 Samurai or the 47 Ronin?

Great list by the way
Ah, good catch. I meant 47 Ronin. Chūshingura in Japanese. 1962 with toshiro mifune. I don't speak Japanese, but it was released in America as 47 Ronin. II know there have been other versions of this story in cinema. I've only ever seen this one and the more recent one with Keanu Reeves (which was stylish, but not a great movie).

The 47 Ronin (1962)

47 Ronin (1962)-poster.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ah, good catch. I meant 47 Ronin. Chūshingura in Japanese. 1962 with toshiro mifune. I don't speak Japanese, but it was released in America as 47 Ronin. II know there have been other versions of this story in cinema. I've only ever seen this one and the more recent one with Keanu Reeves (which was stylish, but not a great movie).

The 47 Ronin (1962)

View attachment 22757

After I posted that I realized Mifune was in the earlier version of 47 Ronin, because I remembered watching it, but it was too late to edit it. Thank You for the clarification.

7 Samurai is good too

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
After I posted that I realized Mifune was in the earlier version of 47 Ronin, because I remembered watching it, but it was too late to edit it. Thank You for the clarification.

7 Samurai is good too
Totally agree. 7 Samurai, Yojimbo, and Rashomon are all classics.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Have you seem Redbeard? No action by comparison to his Samurai films, but it is, IMHO, a good movie
I haven't. I think I've only seen his big ones, and found those primarily through the spaghetti westerns that were based on them.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I haven't. I think I've only seen his big ones, and found those primarily through the spaghetti westerns that were based on them.

He has a bunch of movies, I have not seen even half of them, but the ones I have seen are all pretty good. I don't remember if these were on your list, but you might like Rashomon, and the Hidden Fortress

Toshiro Mifune

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I generally like the "wild" espresso options.

I have several different coffee/espresso makers, and tend to cycle through them. But right now I'm drinking mostly espresso, so I'm looking for the beans that can stand up to a darker roast (city to FC+). I'm not as scientific as you are when roasting, and usually stop the roasting a few seconds into the second crack, about full city plus.

Nice.. yeah I'm primarily an espresso/long black drinker, the odd strong latte I enjoy, and every now and then roast up lighter for filter brewing (V60, Aeropress).

Ah yeah, my espresso roasts are definitely on the light-medium side of things... not too light so it's grassy/sour, and not too dark so that you're primarily just tasting the roast. A fine line for many beans.. but chasing that sweet spot is a fun venture!

But have been branching off my usual fruitier coffees, hence why I got the Cuban recently, really want to explore the earthier, herbal type coffees.

There are stunning beans out there that you don't have pay a ridiculous amount for... but I totally understand the quality of beans scoring above 90 in cupping... trying them is a whoooole other level :s.

And unfortunately the Melbourne International Coffee Expo was postponed this year due to everything... but hopefully later in the year it'll happen. A massive event, lotsa sampling amazing stuff there!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice.. yeah I'm primarily an espresso/long black drinker, the odd strong latte I enjoy, and every now and then roast up lighter for filter brewing (V60, Aeropress).

Ah yeah, my espresso roasts are definitely on the light-medium side of things... not too light so it's grassy/sour, and not too dark so that you're primarily just tasting the roast. A fine line for many beans.. but chasing that sweet spot is a fun venture!

But have been branching off my usual fruitier coffees, hence why I got the Cuban recently, really want to explore the earthier, herbal type coffees.

There are stunning beans out there that you don't have pay a ridiculous amount for... but I totally understand the quality of beans scoring above 90 in cupping... trying them is a whoooole other level :s.

And unfortunately the Melbourne International Coffee Expo was postponed this year due to everything... but hopefully later in the year it'll happen. A massive event, lotsa sampling amazing stuff there!

Interesting....
I am sort of chasing the perfect flavor, but have not considered roasting yet.

What would you consider to be a good beginner bean?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well damn. Her second test came back positive for corinavirus, she's in ICU, and now they're doing a lung scan on her hubby who is also sick now.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Probably my most common quote.
Well... maybe not the most common. But definitely in the top ten. Because there is also "There wolf - there castle". And "Supergreen!". And "Tomatoes are fags! - You mean fruits, sir!" And, "Hello, Sue! I've got legs!"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well damn. Her second test came back positive for corinavirus, she's in ICU, and now they're doing a lung scan on her hubby who is also sick now.
Damn!
AS Hobbit said, keeping everything crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions