Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay... so decided to do hill sprints........

..... not the best idea, had a bit of a situation XD.

Hadn't done hill sprints in awhile, so thought I'd only do a few. Did 2 all out ones, they went well, a little tiring but not too bad. So kept going!

3rd was good and was feeling it, was extending rest times accordingly just so I didn't overdo it. Just walked down the hill for my rests and around on the flat ground, maybe 1-2 minute rests.

Did the 4th... and I'm not sure how.. but it was far, far too much.

Pretty much almost collapsed multiple times after it, and I literally could not walk again until more than 30 minutes afterwards of lying down... Was sooo nauseous and was pretty sure I would throw up, but didn't end up. Must have just really overdone it, have reached that 'point' multiple times, but it would be within a few minutes that I'd be up again.

Couldn't even sit up without almost throwing up. It was a horrendous feeling!

Even when I attempted to walk again I had to keep sitting down and lying down.

Lesson learned... eeeeeease into it. I did go pretty all out, and was a very steep hill...

(And I hadn't skipped any meals for the day and had had lots of water so who knows!)

Mild heat stroke possibly?
Be careful man; it is hot down there!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mild heat stroke possibly?
Be careful man; it is hot down there!
Yeah it's possible... it was hot but not crazy hot, only was 29°C, but no clouds and direct sun..

Ah thank you, yep 39° today and 41° tomorrow :s

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't go to bed: got one cat on my chest, a cat and a dog on my lap, and the 2nd dog by my side while the 3rd cat is slowly moving my way.

but for a change all is peaceful...

help?
Hahah love it :D! You're stuck, just embrace it now ;)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't go to bed: got one cat on my chest, a cat and a dog on my lap, and the 2nd dog by my side while the 3rd cat is slowly moving my way.

help?

Yeah, just go with it.

It's probably nice and warm ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

help?

I SO envy you.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Martial talk.com

Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

The word "friendly" sometimes appears to be the most misunderstood word in the English language.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well it looks like I will be headed to Mardi Gras again this year. I didn't put in for it this year but was talked into coming.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I SO envy you.
Of course it did not merit clicking the icon but I SO disagree with you. We have a Lot of cats but they are either at the barns or are feral and reap the benefits of free food. That is plenty close enough for me. For a while it was out of control. I am not sure how many thousands of dollars we spent trapping and fixing cats but have gotten the population pretty well under control for now.
My sister-in-law is the polar opposite with several cats and dogs in the house 24/7. So I say to each his own.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Martial talk.com

Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

The word "friendly" sometimes appears to be the most misunderstood word in the English language.

Some people don't deserve friends ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
went out to cut off the water so I could fix the kitchen sink.
And I could not locate the dang thing!
I know where it is, I have looked at it before, operated it before, planned on parking a truck (and a hideous Marilyn statue) on it.

I raked leaves, kicked sod.

I am looking for a 12 inch diameter metal lid in the front yard.

I know the water company did not come and take it out, I do have running water!

Baffled, what can I say!
There must be something in the air. Our well suddenly died. Just up and died. So... there is no running water at the house at this moment. I ran out and got a rain barrel and a 35-gallon water tank. Hauled water for the tank from the creek. It's killer workout if anyone wants in on this. Now looking for a millionaire who wants to buy me a new well.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Okay... so decided to do hill sprints........

..... not the best idea, had a bit of a situation XD.

Hadn't done hill sprints in awhile, so thought I'd only do a few. Did 2 all out ones, they went well, a little tiring but not too bad. So kept going!

3rd was good and was feeling it, was extending rest times accordingly just so I didn't overdo it. Just walked down the hill for my rests and around on the flat ground, maybe 1-2 minute rests.

Did the 4th... and I'm not sure how.. but it was far, far too much.

Pretty much almost collapsed multiple times after it, and I literally could not walk again until more than 30 minutes afterwards of lying down... Was sooo nauseous and was pretty sure I would throw up, but didn't end up. Must have just really overdone it, have reached that 'point' multiple times, but it would be within a few minutes that I'd be up again.

Couldn't even sit up without almost throwing up. It was a horrendous feeling!

Even when I attempted to walk again I had to keep sitting down and lying down.

Lesson learned... eeeeeease into it. I did go pretty all out, and was a very steep hill...

(And I hadn't skipped any meals for the day and had had lots of water so who knows!)
You could come visit us and just run up and down our driveway. That way, if you fall over, it will be into a nice cold creek, and our dogs can drag you in.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There must be something in the air. Our well suddenly died. Just up and died. So... there is no running water at the house at this moment. I ran out and got a rain barrel and a 35-gallon water tank. Hauled water for the tank from the creek. It's killer workout if anyone wants in on this. Now looking for a millionaire who wants to buy me a new well.
Sorry to hear that. Do you know how deep your well is?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Do you know how deep your well is?
Yes. I started working with someone on sorting all this out when I first discovered the problem Tuesday night. The pressure switch has been replaced, the pump has been replaced. The pump was at 80 feet, they dropped it deeper to see where the bottom is and hit the bottom at 85. There was barely anything there and it's definitely not refilling. The weird thing is - it was VERY sudden. You know how usually when a well starts getting depleted, it's a gradual process. Nope. This was just.... out of nowhere. No warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions