Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is cool. The difference of the style of conversation when you understand the subject and when you don't.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is cool. The difference of the style of conversation when you understand the subject and when you don't.

Haha, I don't watch basketball but yeah that was interesting. He called him on his very vague nonsensical answers haha..

Also shows the difference between someone who looks on from the outside of something and someone who is immersed in the experience of it. Different knowledge-base and understanding.

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

That is a powerful skill to be able to totally control a conversation with a person who 'Knows' they are going have the lead. Another big thing I noticed was that Steven A (guy on the left) didn't say a word; and he is usually very loud and abrasive. He left Bayless hanging.
Looked more like a deer in the headlights.
I guess that is why Cuban is Cuban. Great post.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The funeral service for our dear friend Thomas Warren "Bubba" Gant was today. It was amazing to see his wife stand up and talk about the last moments of his life. The strength and character she showed made a lasting impression everyone. There was a preacher there but he barely spoke. Right before the service Kasey (his wife) asked a few of us to speak about our relationship and time with Bubba. I wasn't expecting to say anything so I just tried to open up my mind and my heart. While I had a few minutes to think about it, the one word that kept coming to me was the word 'but'. Something that was never a part of Bubba's life or personality. He lived his life to the absolute fullest, and expected the person standing next to him to do the same. If they needed help, he would always be there. I can find nowhere in his life where there was a 'but'; an "I wish I could try that again" moment. The wholesome sense of duty and responsibility you shown by his children and the affection they always showed him cannot be overstated. Bubba was a great at being a dad and loved every minute of being one. It was so warming to hear his wife and children talking during the service and realizing that because of Bubba's never ending commitment and push, they knew they were going to be OK.
Bubba owned a concrete business. He made over a dozen trips to other countries (Africa the most) to help plant churches and pour the floor of the buildings. I made several trips with him and I assure you, every time you came home exhausted because of the pace of the work. Exhausted but feeling great. There are dozens, probably hundreds of stories of his philanthropy in his hometown.
To some, probably most who did not get to know Bub, he was cocky, arrogant, and overbearing. Then you got to know him. You found out how big a giver and how deep a thinker he was. You learned how passionate he about outdoors and life in general.
Unprompted and unscripted, dozens of people stood to show their thanks and love to Bubba. Very few cried; most had a smile on their face and many of the stories made us laugh.
The last count I heard was over 2000 people signed the register. I am honored to call him my fried and my non-blood brother. Truly a once in a lifetime individual.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is a powerful skill to be able to totally control a conversation with a person who 'Knows' they are going have the lead. Another big thing I noticed was that Steven A (guy on the left) didn't say a word; and he is usually very loud and abrasive. He left Bayless hanging.
Looked more like a deer in the headlights.
I guess that is why Cuban is Cuban. Great post.

Stephen A is only loud and aggressive when he is being paid to be loud and aggressive. But he’s been doing it so long and so well by this point that he’s more or less getting paid to be Stephen A.

As for Cuban, yes, he knows what he’s talking about in that clip. He’s also a royal pain in the ash to all that know him but that aren’t in his employ.

Coaching the Mavs must suck so badly, because you’re going to have to listen to Cuban all day, every day. He should stick to just being a rich guy. He’s good at it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Stephen A is only loud and aggressive when he is being paid to be loud and aggressive. But he’s been doing it so long and so well by this point that he’s more or less getting paid to be Stephen A.

As for Cuban, yes, he knows what he’s talking about in that clip. He’s also a royal pain in the ash to all that know him but that aren’t in his employ.

Coaching the Mavs must suck so badly, because you’re going to have to listen to Cuban all day, every day. He should stick to just being a rich guy. He’s good at it.
That, he is.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just a quick stop by to say

Merry Christmas
圣诞节快乐 (Shèngdàn jié kuàilè}
メリークリスマス.(Merīkurisumasu)
메리 크리스마스 (meli keuliseumaseu)
Maligayang Pasko
สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส (S̄uk̄hs̄ạnt̒ wạn khris̄t̒mās̄)
С Рождеством (S Rozhdestvom)

Or if you prefer…

Happy Holidays
节日快乐 (Jiérì kuàilè)
ハッピーホリデー (Happīhoridē)
즐거운 휴일 (jeulgeoun hyuil)
Maligayang Piyesta Opisyal
สุขสันต์วันหยุด (S̄uk̄hs̄ạnt̒ wạn h̄yud)
Счастливых праздников (Schastlivykh prazdnikov}

English
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Filipino
Thai
Russian

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Merry Christmas
Maligayang Pasko

Or if you prefer…

Happy Holidays
节日快乐 (Jiérì kuàilè)
ハッピーホリデー (Happīhoridē)
즐거운 휴일 (jeulgeoun hyuil)

English
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Filipino
Thai
Russian

Joyeux Noel
Felice Natal
Frohe Weihnacht

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Merry Christmas
Maligayang Pasko

Or if you prefer…

Happy Holidays
节日快乐 (Jiérì kuàilè)
ハッピーホリデー (Happīhoridē)
즐거운 휴일 (jeulgeoun hyuil)

English
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Filipino
Thai
Russian

Merry Christmas to you and yours Xue.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Merry Christmas
Maligayang Pasko

Or if you prefer…

Happy Holidays
节日快乐 (Jiérì kuàilè)
ハッピーホリデー (Happīhoridē)
즐거운 휴일 (jeulgeoun hyuil)

English
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Filipino
Thai
Russian

Merry, Happy, Joyous Festivus!

You old man, you.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
About to sit down and watch a nice Christmas Movie with the family.....Rambo Last Blood.

Merry Christmas everyone

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Merry Christmas
Maligayang Pasko

Or if you prefer…

Happy Holidays
节日快乐 (Jiérì kuàilè)
ハッピーホリデー (Happīhoridē)
즐거운 휴일 (jeulgeoun hyuil)

English
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Filipino
Thai
Russian
Oh we have missed you Xue, thanks for poppin in :). Merry Xmas to you and yours too!!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
8A5CFBED-6F65-466C-BA2F-293AFC499B56.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you and yours Buka. Looks like you are in store for a good one. And getting forgiveness all the way!
Too funny.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A couple months ago a buddy bought me the complete dvd set of the series Breaking Bad. I had heard so much about it, but had never even seen a minute of it, not even flipping through channels on TV.

I watched the first three episodes last night. Wow.

Can't wait to get home from work and watch some more.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
we ended up watching 'Just call Saul' right after.
Yeah for you, having to work....we end up watching whole seasons in one day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions