Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I never thought I would live to see the day when cars became disposable but I feel we are there.
Ah, this is a 20-year-old car that has already had one significant accident (I got rear-ended on the highway about 2 years ago). It has over 260K miles on it. I hate to see it go, but spending more than a few hundred on it would be silly.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not going to list names, it is likely against MT Policy. But after the day I have had dealing with nitwits and incompetents....I am not going to come to MT to deal with more nitwits.... catch y'all later

and lastly, commentary on my day..both on and off MT

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not going to list names, it is likely against MT Policy. But after the day I have had dealing with nitwits and incompetents....I am not going to come to MT to deal with more nitwits.... catch y'all later

and lastly, commentary on my day..both on and off MT

you ought to retire

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, this is a 20-year-old car that has already had one significant accident (I got rear-ended on the highway about 2 years ago). It has over 260K miles on it. I hate to see it go, but spending more than a few hundred on it would be silly.
Sounds like you got your money's worth out of that car.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
My dog chased a bird today... that was the fastest I ever seen her run! I didn't even know a chihuahua could run that fast. The bird was still much faster though ,but I had to actually run to catch snowball.

Class was good today...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gonna do some karate today, any suggestions for what my session should entail?

You have 2 hours to get votes in!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna do some karate today, any suggestions for what my session should entail?

You have 2 hours to get votes in!
If you have a heavy bag, after warmups, kick 25 times both leg: middle side kick, low side kick, front kick, instep kick, round house kick, repeat once (so 50 each kick each leg total. Should come out to 500 kicks overall).

If you don't have a heavy bag, I suppose you could still do the same, just in the air. Personally I'd take out roundhouse though-that many roundhouse kicks in the air messes with my (I guess abductor muscles)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you have a heavy bag, after warmups, kick 25 times both leg: middle side kick, low side kick, front kick, instep kick, round house kick, repeat once (so 50 each kick each leg total. Should come out to 500 kicks overall).

If you don't have a heavy bag, I suppose you could still do the same, just in the air. Personally I'd take out roundhouse though-that many roundhouse kicks in the air messes with my (I guess abductor muscles)

Yep, have a heavy bag, and dude, dunno how you read my mind, but I was actually thinking of a kick-focused bag session!

Done! I'll scale down the total kicks though in accord with current lower conditioning level haha but I'll still push it.

Thanks bro! Thinking of also some hand combination sequences (just in air) in between kick types.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was good fun!

Ended up doing kicks:

Front knee + round knee
Low side
Front
Low round
Middle side
Spinning back kick
Middle round
Ashi barai/sweep
Hook
Spinning hook

Did about 15 of one leg, then the other, then I did about 10 total at a distance of about 1 to 2 metres away, finding whatever way I could to close the distance (some just with an explosive shuffle forward, some with more of a leap/jump kick). So about 400 kicks or so all up.

Was good to really give them some solid focus, and felt something shift in my spinning back kicks. Initially it was a bit stilted, but I tried to flow it better, not separating the spin from the kick, and sort of dropping into it more, connecting it so it was a continuous flow of power, no idea how to explain it properly haha. Made it go whabang!

PS. I will be SORE tomorrow! Haven't done that much bagwork (with just legs too) in yonks!

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dog chased a bird today... that was the fastest I ever seen her run! I didn't even know a chihuahua could run that fast. The bird was still much faster though ,but I had to actually run to catch snowball.

Class was good today...
We had a Gordon setter that ran down a flying bird and caught it. Both were surprised and unhurt.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good morning Martial Talk. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. It is such a beautiful tradition. Whether you observe the tradition or not, I pray you have many things in life to be thankful for.
One of the many things I am thankful for is this forum! Thanks to everyone who keeps it going.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We had a Gordon setter that ran down a flying bird and caught it. Both were surprised and unhurt.
My favorite hunting by far was Quail hunting. We had Brittany Spaniels and English setters. I loved training the dogs more than the actual hunting sometimes. The Spaniels have a better nose but the Setters were the better retrievers.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope all the Americans had a great Thanksgiving. We had a good family gathering with way too much food.

As for the rest of you. Happy Thursday.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got two meals myself at the hospital. Could have had four if I really wanted to (medical + psych got separate buffets, and my shift is at different hours than most shifts)

Status
Not open for further replies.