Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm having one of those moods where I just want to put all my belongings in a storage unit, pick up a tent and one-burner stove, and live out in the woods for a few months.
Let's all get together and do that! Go out in the woods somewhere and just do MA! And meditate. And possibly eat bacon.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't work at our house. It would get run over, peed on, chewed up, and used for a cat confrontation.
We'd just need a much sturdier attachment. I think nailing them to the wall might suffice. ("Them" being either the blankets, or the animals - either works for the purpose.)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having one of those moods where I just want to put all my belongings in a storage unit, pick up a tent and one-burner stove, and live out in the woods for a few months.
I've been meaning to take a multi-day backwoods hike for a couple of years. I never quite get around to it. I even have one dog trained well enough off-leash to take with me.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I get those to, kinda sorta.....I tend to want to take a flight to Norway and live in the Thon Hotel in Bergen for a few months, that or go spend a few months in Toronto.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We'd just need a much sturdier attachment. I think nailing them to the wall might suffice. ("Them" being either the blankets, or the animals - either works for the purpose.)
You are NOT nailing my dog to the wall.
942844_569366796418423_1736633712_n.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh nice work!!
Thank you. Upper body strength is a challenge for me because of my back. Plus, I have such a weird build - very broad about the shoulders and back, but with short arms. So, anything involving climbing, reaching, pulling up, etc. gets complicated.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even though we are not doing ballet, but a lot of what she says applies to martial arts training. Minding your form, doing everything with intent, not obsessing with someone's pictures with their leg over their head, not cheating.... All very applicable.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Even though we are not doing ballet, but a lot of what she says applies to martial arts training. Minding your form, doing everything with intent, not obsessing with someone's pictures with their leg over their head, not cheating.... All very applicable.

I dated an ex-ballerina back in my Shaolin long fist days, meant her in the Long Fist Class. She was one of hte few that could do the form exactly like the teacher....I think she was even more flexible than he was. When she did the forms, they were amazing to watch, and absolutely the only time I ever thought of a Shaolin long fist form as graceful

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dated an ex-ballerina back in my Shaolin long fist days, meant her in the Long Fist Class. She was one of hte few that could do the form exactly like the teacher....I think she was even more flexible than he was. When she did the forms, they were amazing to watch, and absolutely the only time I ever thought of a Shaolin long fist form as graceful
Writer, paleonthologist, and historian Ivan Yefremov said that all living creatures (including humans) look their best when they are in an attitude of alert or focus. So, I think when we do our forms with intent, it moves us closer to that state. Form is hard for me - what with the messed-up spine and weird anatomy, among other things. But I am hell-bent on having good form and doing things with intent. It drives me nuts when someone (sometimes many someones) in class has flappy hands or wobbly elbows, or just swings the legs idly instead of controlling them. I want to rap them with a ruler the way my ballroom dancing instructor used to do when we slacked off. ;)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That sounds awesome this time of year! Sadly, I am trying for finish up hay for the year and my busy season starts next month. I will find a weekend or two in there to camp out however!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He is a miniature dachshund. His full name is James Fenimore Gary Sheldon (Mini) Cooper. A. K. A. Cooper. He weighs less than 10 pounds. He'd scared off a bear.
64552434_2417318898289861_2176775939139043328_o.jpg
My 10 pound mini weiner scared of a salon full of dog groomers! And she looks even more innocent!
When she sleeps. Like right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions