Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Never trust a chef who doesn't eat their own cooking.

Well, if the chef just went through a sever arthritic event due to sugar and salt, the last thing you want to do is eat something with sugar and refined flour. The sugar is an issue and the refined flour is potentially an issue. I will be trying them today, they will be delicious and I will not be alerting you of any of it.....but then I should not be surprised at your attitude here..... you are, after all, actively trying to kill me with bacon..... take that you shark wrestler :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will, today, but that close to the arthritis flare up, I was taking no chances
Are there any other sweeteners you could use that wouldn't go crashing on you like that? Is it just refined sugar? Can you do sugar-in-the-raw, honey, or fruit juice?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just sitting here enjoying a nice cup of tea, with a pain in the knee. But at least the hips are working
I wrecked my back working in the garden last Sunday - gardening at a 40-degree incline tends to do that. So, I've been doing my belly dancing shimmies every day to loosen up. It helps, but then I get frustrated I can't do some of the shimmies at full speed. Bummer.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good news. I started doing assisted chin-ups a year ago as part of my mud run training. At the time I used 120 pounds of assisting weight. I weigh 180 (there, I said it - and it's true). I stopped for a while and now started again. I am happy to report I am down to 70 pounds of assisting weight and I'll probably be able to reduce it even more within a month. Since I know for a fact I did NOT lose 50 pounds since last year, I can only chalk it up to increased upper body strength thanks to what I do in other classes.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
While, not quite the same thing, I like that idea! Just messaged my fiancee about making a blanket fort after work.
I didn't know this - but apparently grownup blanket forts are a thing!
enhanced-24125-1446134861-1.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good news. I started doing assisted chin-ups a year ago as part of my mud run training. At the time I used 120 pounds of assisting weight. I weigh 180 (there, I said it - and it's true). I stopped for a while and now started again. I am happy to report I am down to 70 pounds of assisting weight and I'll probably be able to reduce it even more within a month. Since I know for a fact I did NOT lose 50 pounds since last year, I can only chalk it up to increased upper body strength thanks to what I do in other classes.
you are BEAST!!! well done!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't know this - but apparently grownup blanket forts are a thing!
enhanced-24125-1446134861-1.jpg

I always wanted to put a sign on my locker something like 'I can't adult today, if you want me, I am in my blanket fort, coloring'
And then have the other sign up on the hospital floor, on the linen room: Blanket fort STAY OUT!!!

With my luck that day some big wig would have come through to inspect!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always wanted to put a sign on my locker something like 'I can't adult today, if you want me, I am in my blanket fort, coloring'
And then have the other sign up on the hospital floor, on the linen room: Blanket fort STAY OUT!!!

With my luck that day some big wig would have come through to inspect!
Ohhhh, I wish I could do that too!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh nice work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.