Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So basically you have absolutely no clue whether anything malicious is running in the background (keyloggers, remailers, ddos bots, etc) if McAfee hasn't found it...

And you might just be backing it up along with your data. But it's not just about data loss anyway.

Good job you don't do your finances online tbh.
Why? To what end? Everything is working as it should, better than I need it to. I don't do financials because it is way too much and way over my head.
We do industrial control and automation so I am familiar with your concerns. We have thousands of large and small frame PC's, and PLC's running all over the world. We have had 12 documented crashes attributed to a virus. We have much more trouble with hardware failure or incompatibility issues.
A working rule is if you Go looking for trouble you Will not find it.
All of our systems are very limited in what they can do and access.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do ok with tall buildings. But not with climbing walls, tall obstacles during mud runs, zip lining, etc. It's a huge struggle for me when facing something like that. I also don't like flying.
The floor to ceiling windows were a trip though!
My husband asked me if I leaned against it like in Ferris Bueler's Day Off.
Nope, and NOPE!
the place creaked bad enough! West facing windows, and a hot day....

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What boxing gloves for training?

16s

And now it is not just me saying it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What boxing gloves for training?

16s

And now it is not just me saying it.

I agree, but I don't think for the same reason he means. I think they're a good choice because they're heavier, so harder to keep the hands up. The heavier glove also means you're transferring more momentum. If the axonal twist model of CTE is correct, they're more likely to contribute to CTE than a lighter glove. So moderate and heavy sparring with 16 oz. gloves may not be taking care of your sparring partner.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good morning! I am about to hit hour #6 for the day.
We took a break this weekend and visited our son who is working for a small Georgia school named Shorter University through the football season. It is always great to see your child, happy, healthy, and busy. Shorter is a small Christian school and Austin is donating about 5 months of his life to help out the schools struggling football program. Data analytics and for the first time he is coaching the middle linebackers. We got to watch their 2nd game. They lost pretty handily but you could see good things. It looks the coaching staff is creating a good culture. Great times.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good morning! I am about to hit hour #6 for the day.
We took a break this weekend and visited our son who is working for a small Georgia school named Shorter University through the football season. It is always great to see your child, happy, healthy, and busy. Shorter is a small Christian school and Austin is donating about 5 months of his life to help out the schools struggling football program. Data analytics and for the first time he is coaching the middle linebackers. We got to watch their 2nd game. They lost pretty handily but you could see good things. It looks the coaching staff is creating a good culture. Great times.
winning is fun, but it should not be the only lesson learned in the football program.
(where I live it's king, and the boys get away with so much because FOOTBALL!!! I am glad my kid picked band!)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How I want Monday to go: Get up, take the youngest to school, go back home, eat breakfast, go for a walk, cut up the pile od downed branches and limbs, do some additional yard work, go to basement and workout, stretch, do taijiquan and xingyiquan, go pick up the youngest from school.

Reality; get up, get breakfast, take the youngest to school, go to work.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Looking at the website for the glacier tour I took in Norway a few years ago.....I came across this picture...and after having it as a desktop background for over a year...I realized...I'm actually in that picture.... Showed it to Mrs Xue, who immediately said, that's you. And I did not say anything to here other than look at this picture. Multiple people had the same reaction..... which tells me that I am incredibly unobservant....took me a year to figure it out

%3Ffile%3DD2D03FBCAAD8A6C018FB854BF90D35A65E6C86CD.jpg%26dh%3D515%26dw%3D800%26t%3D4

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking at the website for the glacier tour I took in Norway a few years ago.....I came across this picture...and after having it as a desktop background for over a year...I realized...I'm actually in that picture.... Showed it to Mrs Xue, who immediately said, that's you. And I did not say anything to here other than look at this picture. Multiple people had the same reaction..... which tells me that I am incredibly unobservant....took me a year to figure it out

%3Ffile%3DD2D03FBCAAD8A6C018FB854BF90D35A65E6C86CD.jpg%26dh%3D515%26dw%3D800%26t%3D4
It's a lovely photo. So, which one is you?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
How I want Monday to go: Get up, take the youngest to school, go back home, eat breakfast, go for a walk, cut up the pile od downed branches and limbs, do some additional yard work, go to basement and workout, stretch, do taijiquan and xingyiquan, go pick up the youngest from school.

Reality; get up, get breakfast, take the youngest to school, go to work.
Yeah, well.... that's adulting for you.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as I get my breakfast I don't care what day it is. :beaver:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

are you the tall person next to the short one in the white coat?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a kid for you!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all. People wake up for breakfast. Go to work ready to start their day because of breakfast. People only eat lunch so they can have a work break and people only eat dinner as a means of staving off hunger until breakfast.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all. People wake up for breakfast. Go to work ready to start their day because of breakfast. People only eat lunch so they can have a work break and people only eat dinner as a means of staving off hunger until breakfast.
I used to be a breakfast person, but I am not anymore... not so much. I am a dinner person and a Snacky Sunday person.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I messed up. Had frosted mini-wheats for breakfast, tried some chocolate someone brought in from Dubai, and then went and tried an obnoxiously sweat piece of candy from India. Then followed it all up with a couple pretzels. I rarely eat sugar and am very light to no salt at all.

Things not to eat with Osteoarthritis..... refined sugar and salt, they cause inflammation. And I'm here to tell ya, lots of it too. I can barely walk at the moment due to the arthritis in the hips.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to be a breakfast person, but I am not anymore... not so much. I am a dinner person and a Snacky Sunday person.
I prefer my snacks on Saturday. Movie night meets snack night. A combination almost as good as bacon and eggs. ALMOST as good. Its important to make the distinction between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions