Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fire proof undies thing.

Dare I say it? That's hot.
You are confused. You don't wrap your mind around the undies. You wrap the undies around your.... you know....

61ezarACfWL._UX385_.jpg

source.gif

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been going to Tai Chi for 2 weeks now, and we've been going over yang style 8step. Mostly been just focusing on breathing, getting the pace and general movements.

Well, today he spent a lot of it correcting my structure, and we went through the form together;at random points he had me stop to either check my structure, or have me self-check it. It's been years since I've had an experience like that, and I forgot how nice it is feeling those corrections and changes.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been going to Tai Chi for 2 weeks now, and we've been going over yang style 8step. Mostly been just focusing on breathing, getting the pace and general movements.

Well, today he spent a lot of it correcting my structure, and we went through the form together;at random points he had me stop to either check my structure, or have me self-check it. It's been years since I've had an experience like that, and I forgot how nice it is feeling those corrections and changes.

Nice to hear

Wait until you do the long form and your Shifu stops the class on "rooster stands on one leg" or "Turn Body and Left Heel Kick" my shifu use to do that, then walk around the room, while we held the posture, and adjust (correct) everyones posture...one at a time.

It is both gratifying and frustrating after you have stood there, for 5 minutes, holding your leg up in a heel kick, when he finally gets to you and says "good" adjusts nothing and moves on to the next person.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to hear

Wait until you do the long form and your Shifu stops the class on "rooster stands on one leg" or "Turn Body and Left Heel Kick" my shifu use to do that, then walk around the room, while we held the posture, and adjust (correct) everyones posture...one at a time.

It is both gratifying and frustrating after you have stood there, for 5 minutes, holding your leg up in a heel kick, when he finally gets to you and says "good" adjusts nothing and moves on to the next person.
I thought he had said first class that we were learning 8 step, but both of those movements are in the form I have been learning. I may have gotten the name of the form mixed up.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

We keep talking about this in almost all of the fitness classes - especially the dance-based ones: you have to go back to the basics regularly, no matter how advanced you are. Otherwise, your overall form suffers, because you get cocky and start taking shortcuts.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I thought he had said first class that we were learning 8 step, but both of those movements are in the form I have been learning. I may have gotten the name of the form mixed up.

Those are in 8 step, however it was my traditional Yang Shifu who use to stop us and walk around the room looking at our postures.

I did not learn 8 step from my traditional Yang Shifu, I learned it from Jesse Tsao and I use to teach it. However I forgot it was 8 step until I watched a video a few minutes ago. I just thought it as a short, Competition Yang form. It is a required form for Duan Wei level 1 in Taijiquan. However the rank only matters if you are pursuing the Chinese Wushu Association Duan Wei ranking system. It is not traditional so I do not follow it

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tough day yesterday. The feral cat that adopted us a couple months ago got shot with a pellet gun in the face. My wife cleaned the wound, washed all the blood off her and has been tending her back to health. She's been resting comfortably on the porch, getting plenty love from the both of us.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tough day yesterday. The feral cat that adopted us a couple months ago got shot with a pellet gun in the face. My wife cleaned the wound, washed all the blood off her and has been tending her back to health. She's been resting comfortably on the porch, getting plenty love from the both of us.
Sorry to hear that. People can be real d**ks. It is a special person who takes in feral animals and cares for them.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. People can be real d**ks. It is a special person who takes in feral animals and cares for them.

Thanks, man. She just showed up one day. And adopted us. We never fed her or gave her water. She slept on the porch with her head against the door, but never once tried to go in. Every day she would spend hours on my wife and I lap, with us patting her. When she got hurt, my wife gave her tuna. We're probably screwed now.

I'm bringing her in to be neutered and get shots in two weeks, then bring her back to the carport.

My landlord might have shot her. His small farm abuts our small yard. If anything eats his crops, that anything is getting shot. And we completely understand that. He shoots mongoose, rats, chicken, roosters and birds.

He's actually a great guy, he's letting us get a dog in the fall. Nobody you rent from here allows pets, nobody. Going to be an interesting fall. No pets, then two.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good news!

So, didnt share this part of it, but monday i had to go for a second mri with contrast. Was told i had a cyst in my brain, but not much more than that. Yesterday, i recieved three missed calls and voicemails, informing me that I have to come in, and they squeezed me in for an appointment today.

Naturally, the 3 missed calls and forced appointment made me concerned. But met with my doc today, and it turns out the concern was needless. I have a cyst which is benign, not causing my symptoms (he expects my symptoms are a result of eating/sleeping habits), and likely not an issue on the long run. Hopefully they're right, and as i improve my lifestyle choices my symptoms go away

Status
Not open for further replies.