Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks like fun.

It was super interesting. He trains people for those mud run type races.

And so it is not just about getting out there and climbing stuff. But also technically developing a way to negotiate those obstacles efficiently so you have gas in the tank for the next obstacle.

So rope climes, obviously you lock off your legs. But you also don't hit the rope at a run because it swings it making it harder to climb.

Also the higher you start your lock off with your legs. The less climb action you need to make.

And apparently you can now buy dedicated shoes for these types of events.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was super interesting. He trains people for those mud run type races.

And so it is not just about getting out there and climbing stuff. But also technically developing a way to negotiate those obstacles efficiently so you have gas in the tank for the next obstacle.

So rope climes, obviously you lock off your legs. But you also don't hit the rope at a run because it swings it making it harder to climb.

Also the higher you start your lock off with your legs. The less climb action you need to make.

And apparently you can now buy dedicated shoes for these types of events.
Yeah, there’s definitely technique that can improve performance. I dabble a bit at it, but only dabble because I can’t run enough in training to make any real time on the courses...so I have PLENTY of time to recover between obstacles.

Now if I’d just quit injuring my danged shoulder.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't say never....I said rarely...... its impressiveness is only equaled by its total vile disgustingness
A company I used to work for made exotic wood veneer sections large enough to cover a wall in one piece. Very, very high end stuff. They would mock up the entire room for the customer to approve. I cannot over-exaggerate how disorienting it was to walk into a room with no seams and grain running the same way and all looking the same. Some of the multi-colored woods like Cocobolo are beautiful but it was always a little over the top for me. Much like the "bacon steps" picture.:)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finally saw the osteopath today, yep the pain is definitely the SI joint... still have absolutely zero idea how it happened. Got some very painful deep lower back/hips massage, bit of dry needling for a stubborn area, spinal mobility and adjustments and some exercises to do at home.

Hopefully about 2-4 sessions will help alleviate it. Has been darn excruciating... and am sick yet again, struggling a fair bit emotionally with life... taking it one day and one breath at a time at this stage..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I find it interesting, when folks working on something and having issue, ask you for help, then you tell them what to try and they don't listen or tell you "That can't be it"

So...I walk away and leave then to their issues

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying my bacon lettuce tomato sandwich too... without the tomato... or the lettuce... and extra bacon and a dash of bacon on top.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying my bacon lettuce tomato sandwich too... without the tomato... or the lettuce... and extra bacon and a dash of bacon on top.

So basically you have this

baconweaveelvis2-jpg.108237

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
YanksWhitesox.JPG

On August 3, 2020, at 6 P.M, the Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees will stage the first-ever Major League game at the Field of Dreams baseball field from the movie of the same name. They're building a temporary 8,000-seat ballpark right there in the corn!

With only eight thousands seats there's probably only going to be less than a thousand tickets available to the general public. I started making calls this morning and I was BEGGING. Field of Dreams is one of my favorite movies of all time. The New York Yankees have been my favorite team since I was a kid.

I so hope I can get a ticket. Doubt it, but I can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions