Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Want to see a complete and utter chump? DQ'd for a cellphone. What an asshat.

Wwwwow, unreal! Didn't realise that was instant DQ! I wouldn't think he'd have to time to check it mid-match, but that's fair enough ay!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
ALSO, does that means there are gis with pockets?!? Wher-dey-at?! (Unless it was tucked in his belt)

Although now upon reflection, I wouldn't really want to do a training session with something in my pocket..

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALSO, does that means there are gis with pockets?!? Wher-dey-at?! (Unless it was tucked in his belt)

Although now upon reflection, I wouldn't really want to do a training session with something in my pocket..
I think he had it tucked between the two layers of his gi top, sitting on top of the belt. I've done that many times, and nothing ever seems to stay once you get moving.

Bujin design used to make a samugi (a gi, but not for training, so not a dogi - meant as loungewear) that had pockets.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think he had it tucked between the two layers of his gi top, sitting on top of the belt. I've done that many times, and nothing ever seems to stay once you get moving.

Bujin design used to make a samugi (a gi, but not for training, so not a dogi - meant as loungewear) that had pockets.

And you know you're taking the higher road, which is a good thing. I'm glad one of us is.

But, seriously, F him. Get him out of the Arts.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And you know you're taking the higher road, which is a good thing. I'm glad one of us is.

But, seriously, F him. Get him out of the Arts.

Well, I'm not sure I'd kick him out of the arts for that, but I do believe the disqualification was justified. However, if repeated then a possible ban

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
After a rather exhausting conversation (kind of like a real life "who's on first" routine) with Mrs Xue about the various plants, trees and bushes on your property I discovered that anything over 3 feet tall..... she calls a tree....
So? What's the problem? You can have a tomato tree, a potato tree, a cucumber tree... :p

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Had an interesting experience today. My job had an employee wellness day, where people from the community came by offering discounts, education, testing, blah blah to help wellness. I quit kempo a bit ago and started up kali, and more recently started muay thai as well, at the same place. But my current place is expensive. At the wellness thing was a person from united studios (the 'franchise'/subsystem of SKK that I left), offering a raffle for a free year at his school. I of course talked shop with him a bit, and it turns out that he not only teaches kempo there, but also muay thai and kali. I was one of 10-15 people to sign up for the free-year raffle, honestly I'm hoping not to win it because I don't want to leave my current school but training for a year for free in all the arts I want to train sounds too good to pass up. Not sure what I'll do if I win.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had an interesting experience today. My job had an employee wellness day, where people from the community came by offering discounts, education, testing, blah blah to help wellness. I quit kempo a bit ago and started up kali, and more recently started muay thai as well, at the same place. But my current place is expensive. At the wellness thing was a person from united studios (the 'franchise'/subsystem of SKK that I left), offering a raffle for a free year at his school. I of course talked shop with him a bit, and it turns out that he not only teaches kempo there, but also muay thai and kali. I was one of 10-15 people to sign up for the free-year raffle, honestly I'm hoping not to win it because I don't want to leave my current school but training for a year for free in all the arts I want to train sounds too good to pass up. Not sure what I'll do if I win.

You'll be kali-cking your fingers!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm at work and I hate days like this, I don't feel well, I have no energy, and since I can't go do anything else, all I want to do is eat.......if I were home I'd see what exercise I could do to possibly feel better, but I can't do that here.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm at work and I hate days like this, I don't feel well, I have no energy, and since I can't go do anything else, all I want to do is eat.......if I were home I'd see what exercise I could do to possibly feel better, but I can't do that here.....
just crawl under the desk and do crunches, if anybody asks, you are looking for loose wires!
Or do Tai Chi, ask if they are seeing the fly that has been bugging you for the last hour!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
just crawl under the desk and do crunches, if anybody asks, you are looking for loose wires!
Or do Tai Chi, ask if they are seeing the fly that has been bugging you for the last hour!
Hahahahahaha love it... crafty [emoji14]

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At one client site where I was serving as a system analyst for a conversion, IT had a large cubicle (4 cubes together, undivided) filled with the detritus of IT - mice, keyboards, extra monitors, etc.). When work was slow, I'd go in there and do push-ups. If someone came in, they found me tidying up the extra cables tossed under the desks.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't mean to brag or anything but I went to Walmart today and I went to the vending machine to get a soda and when I pressed the button I got two for the price of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions