Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not actual walking in mud, this is Baguazhang mud walking

See no actual mud was injured during the making of this video

That's a fascinating step. The one where the foot kind of slides as it lands. What is that?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I dont care for bowling either so....

tenor.gif

I think that just makes you a Communist....but not an Alien from planet X :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
don't like martial arts movies......and you give me a hard time for not jumping in mud.....
Nope... The fights are never realistic, there is no plot and no dialog - I'd rather watch a good drama separately and a good training video separately. I only like "Bulletproof Monk" and "The Iron Monkey" because there are hot men and women in them. And movies like "Aeon Flux" and "Ultraviolet" because there are hot women in fabulous clothes kicking butt.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
But not from Planet X

And Mrs Xue is from a Communist country, but was never a member of the party, therefore not a communist
Actually, you don't have to be a member of the party to be a communist. Contrary to popular opinion, communism had never existed anywhere in the world, ever. What we had in the Soviet Union and what still exists in China, North Korea, and Cuba is totalitarian dictatorship. I adhere to the communist school of thought that briefly appeared in the Soviet Union in the 1960s during Khrushchev's "thaw". It was best described by historian, paleonthologist, and sci fi writer Ivan Yefremov in his futuristic novels "Andromeda Nebula", "Heart of the Snake", and "Hour of the Bull".

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was referring to the kata in our art. Which is Japanese. So, in your art, whatever facsimile you have thereof - forms, shapes, poses, stands, whatever you choose to call them. I haven't seen a single Bruce Lee movie in my life. I don't really like martial arts movies all that much.
Bruce Lee movies are like a must read. As a general rule, most of Lee's movies are not the cheesy stereotypical Kung Fu movie of the 70's. You have to watch them for the technique, not the storyline.
I personally think some of Jackie Chan's movies are the best to watch for technique. Some of his stunts and fight scenes are incredible. Chan is known for doing most of his stunts. He did a movie named The Big Brawl around 1980. There is a scene where he is being attacked but his father (I think) is in the room and does not want him to be fighting. So he is kicking this guys a** but is acting like nothing is going on. Classic and hilarious.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bruce Lee movies are like a must read. As a general rule, most of Lee's movies are not the cheesy stereotypical Kung Fu movie of the 70's. You have to watch them for the technique, not the storyline.
I personally think some of Jackie Chan's movies are the best to watch for technique. Some of his stunts and fight scenes are incredible. Chan is known for doing most of his stunts. He did a movie named The Big Brawl around 1980. There is a scene where he is being attacked but his father (I think) is in the room and does not want him to be fighting. So he is kicking this guys a** but is acting like nothing is going on. Classic and hilarious.
As I said, I prefer to watch their training videos.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But not from Planet X
Actually, you don't have to be a member of the party to be a communist. Contrary to popular opinion, communism had never existed anywhere in the world, ever. What we had in the Soviet Union and what still exists in China, North Korea, and Cuba is totalitarian dictatorship. I adhere to the communist school of thought that briefly appeared in the Soviet Union in the 1960s during Khrushchev's "thaw". It was best described by historian, paleonthologist, and sci fi writer Ivan Yefremov in his futuristic novels "Andromeda Nebula", "Heart of the Snake", and "Hour of the Bull".

Yes, I know, there is no true communist state only communist party, had many argument on that topic. However my wife was never a member of the party and China is not a totalitarian dictatorship, but its close and could be soon

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Want to see a complete and utter chump? DQ'd for a cellphone. What an asshat.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Why couldn't they just keep going after he pushed the phone aside? What a stupid judgment. And it's no fun for the other guy - "How did you win?" "Oh, the other dude dropped his cell phone."

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why couldn't they just keep going after he pushed the phone aside? What a stupid judgment. And it's no fun for the other guy - "How did you win?" "Oh, the other dude dropped his cell phone."

I disagree, I think it was the right call. (no pun intended) I would have DQ'd him as well. I think I would have entered it thusly in the official record....

Millennial Asshat Diqualification, No Cell Service.

But that's just me. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I disagree, I think it was the right call. (no pun intended) I would have DQ'd him as well. I think I would have entered it thusly in the official record....

It is Not just you. Fully agree. Stupid is as stupid does. Where was his head?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

I don't know, I think it's a bit harsh. We ALL do stupid things and we all forget. The dude may not have even realized he had the phone. You know how you just stick something into your pocket without thinking and then have no idea what you did with it? We all do it. And, like I said, it's not much fun for the other guy to win that way.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From his reaction, it looked like he probably tucked it in at some point while waiting for his match, and forgot it was there. Looked like an honest mistake.

Still, coulda been dangerous, and probably did warrant the DQ.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
After a rather exhausting conversation (kind of like a real life "who's on first" routine) with Mrs Xue about the various plants, trees and bushes on your property I discovered that anything over 3 feet tall..... she calls a tree....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions