Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stranger things have happened. I’m currently in contact with dog breeders in CA, looking for a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy. Probably be going there to get one.
Staffordshires and Pits are about as cute as a dog can get, IMO.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
crap, I think I need to pick up 'running'
I skipped on my bike rides....
Meh.... there 's been a lot of debate as to whether running is the best thing for anyone. If that is something that you well and truly love and makes you feel grand - sure. Otherwise, there are other ways to hoof it . :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Staffordshires and Pits are about as cute as a dog can get, IMO.

I had Pits when I was younger, then Staffs. But I've always loved Staffie Bulls. And looking ahead, I can't see myself lifting an old, sixty pound dog into the car ten years from now.

But a nice twenty five pound little girl dog should be okay. And talk about cute...

Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-blue-breed-puppy-minepuppy.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had Pits when I was younger, then Staffs. But I've always loved Staffie Bulls. And looking ahead, I can't see myself lifting an old, sixty pound dog into the car ten years from now.

But a nice twenty five pound little girl dog should be okay. And talk about cute...

View attachment 22201
Oh... my... cuteness. That's like the most adorable thing ever! What are you going to name her?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 22201
To me, Staffies are the shorter, stubbier ones, but otherwise the same dog. Both are adorable when they grin. So, yeah, go for size - just don't get it wrong (my brother tried to get a 45-lb dog once, and ended up with a 110-lb beast).

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Saw avengers endgame. Was really looking forward to it. Did not like it. Very bummed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Meh.... there 's been a lot of debate as to whether running is the best thing for anyone. If that is something that you well and truly love and makes you feel grand - sure. Otherwise, there are other ways to hoof it . :)
hence 'running'
currently, if I am running, better keep up.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Saw avengers endgame. Was really looking forward to it. Did not like it. Very bummed.

Wait...you liked John Carter which bombed... and you don't like Endgame....which is predicted to make billions.....makes me wonder...are you sure it isn't you :D

Actually I liked John Carter as well, and I already know pretty much the entire movie of endgame, although I have not yet seen it.....and it left me rather bummed too...so I guess...it's not you, it's me....but it's mostly you :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh... my... cuteness. That's like the most adorable thing ever! What are you going to name her?

To me, Staffies are the shorter, stubbier ones, but otherwise the same dog. Both are adorable when they grin. So, yeah, go for size - just don't get it wrong (my brother tried to get a 45-lb dog once, and ended up with a 110-lb beast).

It's my wife's turn to name a dog. I guess my turn come next century.

Gerry, it's why I want a pure bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier *****. No way she'll be over 27 pounds. Staffordshire Terriers, on the other hand, can get rather large. Been there, done that.

I really want a Staffie Bull, which is why I will never walk into the Humane Society. Because if I do.....a dog will look at me....and I'm toast.

EDIT - man, it ticks me off that our site censors out the word for a female dog when we're talking about female dogs. Here, censor this -

Second EDIT - go figure, I just swore my butt off, really bad, and it didn't cross anything out. I had to go erase it. Dog damn it!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wait...you liked John Carter which bombed... and you don't like Endgame....which is predicted to make billions.....makes me wonder...are you sure it isn't you :D

Actually I liked John Carter as well, and I already know pretty much the entire movie of endgame, although I have not yet seen it.....and it left me rather bummed too...so I guess...it's not you, it's me....but it's mostly you :D
Wait... did I say I liked John Carter? I liked the books, but I'm not sure I've ever seen the movie. That said, I'm glad it's you. ;)

Seriously, though, this was not a great movie. Going to make a lot of dough, though.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That’s a shame. Was it plot, or presentation that disappointed.
It was lazy writing, what Roger Ebert would call an idiot plot, and seriously bad choices with the characters. I mean, there were some things that were essential to the plot, that you had to accept in order for anything to make sense, that is either inconsistent with what we know about humans, what we know from within the MCU, or what we know from within the movie. What I mean is, while this is fantasy, they have established some rules. Things work in a certain way. I'm not going to lose sleep over some ret-conning stuff here and there, but there were some really fundamental aspects of how the infinity stones behave that were disregarded. There were also plot points within this movie, which they took care to explain, which they then casually disregarded in the finale.

I don't want to post any spoilers, but this movie failed for me on just about every level. It's like maybe better than the Hulk, but not by much.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Gerry, it's why I want a pure bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier *****. No way she'll be over 27 pounds. Staffordshire Terriers, on the other hand, can get rather large. Been there, done that.

I really want a Staffie Bull, which is why I will never walk into the Humane Society. Because if I do.....a dog will look at me....and I'm toast.

EDIT - man, it ticks me off that our site censors out the word for a female dog when we're talking about female dogs. Here, censor this -

Second EDIT - go figure, I just swore my butt off, really bad, and it didn't cross anything out. I had to go erase it. Dog damn it!
We get in with the rescues. We like particular breeds, but also like the idea of rescuing the animals.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

View attachment 22201
Uuuuuuugh I am dying.... TOO CAHHYUUUUUTE!!!!!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You've just educated me, brother - I didn't realize Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier were two different dogs. Apparently, the ST is pretty near the same as a Pitbull Terrier, but actually a bit heavier, and the SBT is the adorable smaller one. New puppy pictures to go look up now!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get in with the rescues. We like particular breeds, but also like the idea of rescuing the animals.
All of ours are rescues, but there are times knowing what you're getting matters enough to be worth going for a specific breed. I had really hoped the lab/pit mix would stop around 50-60 lbs, to make it easy to carry her across deeper streams and lift her up onto ledges when hiking. She's 80 lbs. That wouldn't have happened with the breed Buka's looking at.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that the folks in Toronto are a bit nicer than those in Montreal. Not that the folks in Montreal are rude, just that it seemed that there was an awful lot more unsolicited assistance offered in Toronto than is in Montreal, and I was bumped into more in Montreal by folks forcing their way by with nothing said as they forced their way through, that did not happen at all in Toronto, which is 1,000,000 people bigger than Montreal. However if I were to compare it to NYC, Montreal is the friendliest place on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions