Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The upgrade will get here, it is just a matter of when, could be a year
And I am not a developer/programmer either. The only time I was ever able to competently write code, was in my youth (and I kid you not) when I was hung over. Otherwise the brain is to active for coding.
sounds like state dependent learning to me. ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I hate when that happens. No wait I'm retired.

You're retired!?
DANG, and I use to like you too :D

Had a friend of mine retire a few years back and the day before he was officially retired I said to him... "Just so you know, when you wake up retired tomorrow, I am required to not like you." And yes, I will admit it is born of jealousy, but hey, the rules are the rules :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We are in post op after @gpseymour 's foot surgery. Gerry is very loopy as to be expected. Apparently, he came out rather violent after anesthesia and it took a sturdy nurse named Matt to get him under control. Can't take him ANYWHERE!

My fondest regards and best wishes for a speedy recovery for Gerry. Ans please spoil him rotten (a little bit anyway) as he recovers.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the Hobbit said, all is well after the surgery. I’m restless and can do nothing about it. :bored:

Also, I’m not completely un-fogged, so probably should not be posting. :oops:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
We are in post op after @gpseymour 's foot surgery. Gerry is very loopy as to be expected. Apparently, he came out rather violent after anesthesia and it took a sturdy nurse named Matt to get him under control. Can't take him ANYWHERE!
Really hope it went okay and that he recovers well, thinkin of you guys! Also in hospital at the moment, had to take my girlfriend to emergency, see how we go.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gerry is up and about hobbling on crutches in his funny boot. Understandably, he is very fidgety - his entire schedule is askew. It tends to happen when you have to get up at 6 to get to the hospital so they could knock you out at 9, wake you up at 10:30, zap you with an industrial-strength pain killer at 11:30, and then send you home where you proceed to sleep off the aftereffects.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yikes! Is she going to be ok?
Not sure.. hopefully. Has had bad pain in her stomach/groin on the left side. Been here since 1:30am, but has an ultrasound booked at 10:30am. It could multiple things, a cist on the ovary, torsion etc. Very tired cookies we both are! Usually it's me in hospital! Fingers crossed..

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gerry is up and about hobbling on crutches in his funny boot. Understandably, he is very fidgety - his entire schedule is askew. It tends to happen when you have to get up at 6 to get to the hospital so they could knock you out at 9, wake you up at 10:30, zap you with an industrial-strength pain killer at 11:30, and then send you home where you proceed to sleep off the aftereffects.
Ah yep it can be tough to get used to... A different kind of schedule is required hey.. But he'll be good for a mud run (err.. mud hop) in a week or two I'm sure [emoji14]

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah yep it can be tough to get used to... A different kind of schedule is required hey.. But he'll be good for a mud run (err.. mud hop) in a week or two I'm sure [emoji14]
He is not even supposed to be out of his boot for the next two weeks. Did I mention he wants to do a the smaller version of the Tough Mudder (the 5k) on a Saturday and then the 10-mile one the next day?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting, my knees hurt when I get up from sitting down, my knees hurt when I walk, my knees sit sometimes. And on occasion my hips decide to help the knees with hurting me. And because of this I have not been doing much, including taijiquan.

But for the last 3 nights I told myself the heck with teh pain, I'm dong taijiquan, (Yang Long Form). The interesting bit is that my knees and hips hurt before, and after, but not at all during.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
He is not even supposed to be out of his boot for the next two weeks. Did I mention he wants to do a the smaller version of the Tough Mudder (the 5k) on a Saturday and then the 10-mile one the next day?
Hahaha, what a man :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting, my knees hurt when I get up from sitting down, my knees hurt when I walk, my knees sit sometimes. And on occasion my hips decide to help the knees with hurting me. And because of this I have not been doing much, including taijiquan.

But for the last 3 nights I told myself the heck with teh pain, I'm dong taijiquan, (Yang Long Form). The interesting bit is that my knees and hips hurt before, and after, but not at all during.
That's funny, I've found that too with karate stuff, during it my knee/s just never really hurt, at times feel better after..

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope it all was successful and your recovery goes well mate, rest up :)
It was. I'm still not clear what all they ended up doing (some depended what he found once he got in). I think he didn't end up replacing the cartilege with an insert, but he did get the bone spur out. Hobbling for a couple of weeks in an "ugly shoe" (those flat, restrictive boots) to protect the joint. Hoping to be in shape for my next mud run in 6 weeks. Hoping.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My knees and hips complain less when I do more of the reasonable stuff (martial arts, hiking) and less of the unreasonable stuff (working on decks, terracing the yard, etc.). I like the way they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.