Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, talk about a sweet ride.
Even the picture is a first for me. My second vehicle was a 76 FJ. I went through a obsessive FJ, CJ phase in my teens. Good times but they pretty much sucked in the winter when you had nothing else to drive.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Streetwise Tactics

This replicates my experience with a pr24 as well.
Were you trying to link to one of the videos? The link just goes to their FB page.

EDIT: I think the video you're referencing is the "Man Fights Two Police Officers" (I couldn't figure out how to get a direct link, either). It doesn't look like those cops know how to use a PR-24 (or a standard baton) effectively. The 2-hand swing with something that short probably actually reduces the power, and definitely slows down the return swing (which can be used for defense). Also, that dude just doesn't seem to feel much - not sure how much a good hit would even help, so long as it's to the body.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Were you trying to link to one of the videos? The link just goes to their FB page.

EDIT: I think the video you're referencing is the "Man Fights Two Police Officers" (I couldn't figure out how to get a direct link, either). It doesn't look like those cops know how to use a PR-24 (or a standard baton) effectively. The 2-hand swing with something that short probably actually reduces the power, and definitely slows down the return swing (which can be used for defense). Also, that dude just doesn't seem to feel much - not sure how much a good hit would even help, so long as it's to the body.

People in fights have a pretty high pain tolerance.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I have been trying to avoid it, but I am going to have to call the orthopedic MD about my dang knee
I'll pass along the advice from one of my volunteer co-workers at the courthouse yesterday: a sword will fix that without needing an orthoped.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
DANG IT!!!! I'm in the mood for jianbing today, and the nearest good one is about 150 miles away

IMG_8528-300x225.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
DANG IT!!!! I'm in the mood for jianbing today, and the nearest good one is about 150 miles away

IMG_8528-300x225.jpg

Looks like bacon! Good for you! Don't bother trying to claim it's not, because we can all see the bacon and we will know you're lying.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm in the mood for a spicy chicken gumbo.

Hard to tell what that is... What is in it?

Good question, there are various things they put in it, but not bacon. it is egg, scallions, and the brown thing inside is like a very thin crunchy cracker. I do not like the Tianjin-style jianbing (Jianbing guozi) with youtiao

Jianbing

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
went to Best Buy to window shop tablets.
Electronic shops used to be more fun to go to, more stuff to look at, and to play with.
And BB now has their people bug you every other minute if you need help. Hey y'all, you are wearing bright blue polos, I will find you.
Besides, I hate that store, the return policy is stupid.

Anyhow, now I am trying to consider if I want a 2-in-1 laptop, or a surface pro, and if I need 16 gig of RAM for what I want (drawing programs) or can do with 8.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man, it's one of those days when everything just hurts.

And it's my Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions