Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hehe, we have a couple of studios here that have them, I've been going to this one for almost two years, had about 6 floats all up, really cool experience!

And everyone uses them for different reasons too, initially I bought an 8 session pass and was gonna use them for mediation purposes, but ended up using them more for recovery, releasing tension and relaxation purposes, they really just help to reset everything. It's something like 360kg of magnesium and salts dissolved into room temp water in a funky capsule, keep you floating :)

And yeah I often have turmeric with tuna, garlic aioli, rice, veg and cheese, delicious!

(Pics of the pod and room)
3b18f4e1a5a1e8028d166d5d33db10d1.jpg
fcae8d458242ba613e4ff3fa13feb57f.jpg
bbafc5a9b01ee9074f751627915ec49f.jpg
I was thinking about Daredevil's tank.
003DDL_Ben_Affleck_005.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
New Sushi place opened up near my office. Now I do not do raw fish at all, but I do vegetable sushi....but I went there today for Gyoza.....and it was delicious...I shall be going back there again for the veggies and Gyoza

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
New Sushi place opened up near my office. Now I do not do raw fish at all, but I do vegetable sushi....but I went there today for Gyoza.....and it was delicious...I shall be going back there again for the veggies and Gyoza
Mmmmm, sushi. I eat all sushi. @gpseymour got me hooked back in 2002, and I've been addicted ever since.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hehe, we have a couple of studios here that have them, I've been going to this one for almost two years, had about 6 floats all up, really cool experience!

And everyone uses them for different reasons too, initially I bought an 8 session pass and was gonna use them for mediation purposes, but ended up using them more for recovery, releasing tension and relaxation purposes, they really just help to reset everything. It's something like 360kg of magnesium and salts dissolved into room temp water in a funky capsule, keep you floating :)

And yeah I often have turmeric with tuna, garlic aioli, rice, veg and cheese, delicious!

(Pics of the pod and room)
3b18f4e1a5a1e8028d166d5d33db10d1.jpg
fcae8d458242ba613e4ff3fa13feb57f.jpg
bbafc5a9b01ee9074f751627915ec49f.jpg
I can't decide if that looks comfy, or claustrophobic to me.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't decide if that looks comfy, or claustrophobic to me.
Hehe yeah true! Alot of people think it would be claustrophobic, but honestly from what I've heard, most people who have done it have found it the opposite, as it's completely dark, no sound, touch etc, and the fact you're floating on the water, that it feels like they're floating in a very vast expanse, like in outer space, and I've also found that to be the case experientially. It's like every side of you extends on to infinite :)

Apart from when you eventually float over slowly and bump into the side wall and have to do a very slight nudge to get you back in the middle [emoji14]

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hehe yeah true! Alot of people think it would be claustrophobic, but honestly from what I've heard, most people who have done it have found it the opposite, as it's completely dark, no sound, touch etc, and the fact you're floating on the water, that it feels like they're floating in a very vast expanse, like in outer space, and I've also found that to be the case experientially. It's like every side of you extends on to infinite :)

Apart from when you eventually float over slowly and bump into the side wall and have to do a very slight nudge to get you back in the middle [emoji14]
I am not claustrophobic, but I don't think I could handle the dark and the sensory deprivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions