Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. :) This is really good news for the ..........

There's nothing like that first Spring snow. Life reborn, that is.

Could be worse....I could live to the Southwest of my state....they are getting 10 to 18 inches of the stuff. I'm only supposed to get 2 to 4 inches

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've been watching this program lately called Confucius was a Foodie and now all I want to eat is good baozi

2.jpg

Which is hard to find in my area, but not impossible.

But I also now have a craving for Jinbing guozi

o.jpg

Which I can't get here, need a trip to Flushing Chinatown for Jinbing guozi

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been watching this program lately called Confucius was a Foodie and now all I want to eat is good baozi

2.jpg

Which is hard to find in my area, but not impossible.

But I also now have a craving for Jinbing guozi

o.jpg

Which I can't get here, need a trip to Flushing Chinatown for Jinbing guozi
I have no idea what any of that is, but now I want some.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or severe Bacon addiction..
I couldn't agree more. The best way to solve this addiction would be to do it head on. By that I mean you gotta get more bacon. You can't solve a problem until you've hit rock bottom. Once you get there the only thing left to do is ignore the problem and insist nothing is wrong. Problem solved.
s-71407c701aa7457142ee9e2e407743c1e2367a10.gif

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. The best way to solve this addiction would be to do it head on. By that I mean you gotta get more bacon. You can't solve a problem until you've hit rock bottom. Once you get there the only thing left to do is ignore the problem and insist nothing is wrong. Problem solved.
s-71407c701aa7457142ee9e2e407743c1e2367a10.gif
I sense the start of a very profitable bacon addiction therapy program.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The small cat decided to use my face as a launch pad at 3 am this morning. So, now I have this very neat scratch across the bridge of my nose. If people ask me what happened to my face, I have an official excuse to reply, "You should see the other guy."

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ugh... wrists have been painful of late.. don't know why/how they keep getting strained.. must just have weak wrists. Recently been working on mobility, flexibility, grip, and particularly strengthening the wrist extensors (which tend to get neglected, especially with the flexors being used alot in martial arts and weight training).

And the right knee is worse than ever.. will have to see the physio if this keeps up! Been doing an isometrics program to help, and it definitely was but I must keep tweaking it somehow...

Golly gosh falling apart!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, since we're discussing falling apart, I'll pile on.

Went to the orthoped this week, both to follow up on some recent increases in knee problems and to talk about the recent loss of range of motion in my bad toe. Rehab for the knee starts next week (probably some inattention since I can't do the exercises I used to do to maintain leg strength). For the toe, it turns out I've got a really nice bone spur that needs to be dealt with. So, sometime this year, I'll go under the knife for that, then some weeks of recovery. Probably doing that next month.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
having passed the half century mark (shocking, I know) I am suspecting the ugly head of Dupuytren's contracture is rearing it's ugly head. It's not super common, but fort he last 3 generations (that I know of) all adults on my mom's side had it.
And something at the base of both thumbs popped.
getting old sucks.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ugh... wrists have been painful of late.. don't know why/how they keep getting strained.. must just have weak wrists. Recently been working on mobility, flexibility, grip, and particularly strengthening the wrist extensors (which tend to get neglected, especially with the flexors being used alot in martial arts and weight training).

And the right knee is worse than ever.. will have to see the physio if this keeps up! Been doing an isometrics program to help, and it definitely was but I must keep tweaking it somehow...

Golly gosh falling apart!
Interesting observation - and I fully realize this might not work for everyone. My wrists almost do not bother me during the warmer months, because I garden, so I am constantly planting, weeding, watering, etc. - and it's all by hand. During non-gardening months, I do wrist stretches @gpseymour taught me as part of the standard class warm-up as well as wrist rotations based on hand positions from Indian dance, like alapadama (lotus).

I was also beginning to develop a nasty little bit of tendonitis in my right elbow. It went away after I started taking belly dancing - specifically after we got more involved with the arm gestures like snake arms and waterfall.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Falling apart? I hope you guys have all the parts numbered.
I was messed up since childhood, so I think the whole age-related thing is not hitting me as hard. My spine was sitting wrong since birth, I started developing arthritis when I was ten, my lungs are underdeveloped, I've had multiple concussions, osteoma in both hip joints and a closed fracture on my left foot. So... I've always been like that and it really doesn't bother me. I just just enjoy jumping around in my Zumba, POUND, belly dancing, and barre and - somehow - actually managing to keep up with girls half my age. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.