Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm entirely unsure that I've ever used the word "cheerio" outside of a breakfast cereal conversation...
a likely story.
Grilling is something done with heat from above - like cheese on toast. Difficult to do with charcoal...
that's broiling. Grilling is cooking something on a grill, like a burger, sausage, veggies, etc.

Toasting is what you do with booze on a special occasion.
The traditional way to cook with a BBQ appears to be to put stuff like chicken lumps above flaming charcoal until it's black outside and pink (preferably with running blood) inside, serve with lashings of rain and spend the next 4 days yelling into the toilet.
exactly what I envision when I think of British bbq.
That's not my method though...
do tell.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's broiling.

Broiling is cooking with high heat from either above or below, but not both.

From both above and below (or from both sides) makes it roasting or baking, if it's in an enclosed space. An open space would make it toasting.

To make A toast is entirely different to making toast, which you can do with broiling, but it takes longer that way due to having to turn.

Grilling is cooking something on a grill, like a burger, sausage, veggies, etc.

Which is also broiling, if the heat is coming from one side.

But grilling is specifically from above.

Like our oven has a grill, which heats from above.

exactly what I envision when I think of British bbq.

And it's why I'm quite choosy about accepting invitations...

I cook it properly, at an appropriate heat level, for a sensible time for the product.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, office work with it's ridiculous efforts to try and instill a sense of camaraderie using pathetically tiny "rewards" that nobody really cares about - how I miss that.

Oh.

Hang on.

No, I really don't miss it. At all.

Every day is "wear whatever you like" day for me now.

Although, a ballgown would make ladders difficult, and might get caught in the mower...
I know I must be weird and hopelessly old-fashioned but I love dressing up. I must be the only person in America who only owns three pairs of jeans, and two of those are trouser jeans that can be dressed up. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh...well then...forget the hammer....just go for this

9975413_orig.gif
Can't. They are not actually mine. I don't manage them, I just fix whatever they messed up. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh... I don't know. Have you seen "To Wong Fu, thanks for everything, Julie Newmar"? Patrick Swayze sure knew how to rock a ballgown.
Well, Patrick Swayze!
(I know, those other two guys looked pretty good as well)
But the regular guy who can't dirty dance, not so much!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, Patrick Swayze!
(I know, those other two guys looked pretty good as well)
But the regular guy who can't dirty dance, not so much!
There is that. Although, let's face it - takes some doing to make Wesley Snipes look pretty. And he did. That slinky golden dress sure worked on him. ;)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know I must be weird and hopelessly old-fashioned but I love dressing up. I must be the only person in America who only owns three pairs of jeans, and two of those are trouser jeans that can be dressed up. :)

No no, I mean the corporate idea that being allowed to wear jeans into the office is a spiritually uplifting experience.

And usually being accompanied by expecting you to return some of the money they paid you in the first place for the privilege - so that they can donate your money to charity in their name and claim a tax break from it...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
My right hand suddenly went numb for no apparent reason. It has been numb for 10 minutes and it is just starting to clear up now

Was it numb enough to make it feel like someone else was doing it? :D

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My right hand suddenly went numb for no apparent reason. It has been numb for 10 minutes and it is just starting to clear up now
Clearly... you need bacon!

Seriously, could be anything from positioning to a nerve being pinched in the back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions