Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here you go

images
I didn't say I liked them together. I also like beets and key lime pie - that doesn't mean I am going to eat the two together. I don't subscribe to the fad, and I think bacon soda is an abomination.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
He is also a good Catholic. Therefore, his opinions on bacon are, by definition, catholic and thereby universal. Bacon is indeed a good thing, and proof that God loves us.

But what about Taoists, Buddhist and Shintoists...... they wold not agree....there for it is not universal

images

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There is such a thing as charity brunches and charity breakfasts. Those very commonly include bacon. Are you going to condemn people for raising money for good causes just because they use bacon to do so?

If they are doing so by giving folks slabs of greasy, overly salty, carcinogenic, coronary causing meat....yes, yes I am

Never said I was nice or charitable :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still does not make it universal.....buddhist, shintoist, taoist and muslims still exist and would not agree with the Catholic Churches view of bacon..... or anyone being a wiccan for that matter...therefore

invalid.jpg
I don't even know what Catholic Church's view on bacon is. Just because it's the view of one Catholic doesn't mean it is that of the entire church. And again, I am SOMEONE and I am wiccan, and I happen to agree with that one Catholic... of course... I am in touch with other wiccans, as well as a few Buddhists, Protestants, Hinduists, agnostics, and atheists - 260 in all. About 90% of them like bacon. Back to you.

P. S. Making a cat push a watermelon out of the lake just to prove your point is just mean. Although... the cat and the watermelon both appear to be dry. I have a strong suspicion neither of them were ever in the lake in the first place. I think this might have been staged. It's just possible.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't even know what Catholic Church's view on bacon is. Just because it's the view of one Catholic doesn't mean it is that of the entire church. And again, I am SOMEONE and I am wiccan, and I happen to agree with that one Catholic... of course... I am in touch with other wiccans, as well as a few Buddhists, Protestants, Hinduists, agnostics, and atheists - 260 in all. About 90% of them like bacon. Back to you.

P. S. Making a cat push a watermelon out of the lake just to prove your point is just mean. Although... the cat and the watermelon both appear to be dry. I have a strong suspicion neither of them were ever in the lake in the first place. I think this might have been staged. It's just possible.

HEY!!!! Don't get upset with me...@JKS9199 brought the Catholic church into the bacon discussion, not me....and I never said I wasn't mean......

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jokes aside... on the subject of diets. I have several friends who are certified fitness instructors in multiple types of fitness. Due to the nature of their job, they made a point to become familiar with nutrition and how it impacts one's health and works with one's choice of exercise. Basically, after all the studies and all the short- and long-term effect observations, the experts keep coming back to the same thing. There is no magic pill. There is no panacea. There is no one type of food or drink that works equally well for everyone and guarantees good nutrition combined with perfect metabolism and general health. There is no such thing. We are all different.

Yes, there are trends, but, again, it is very important to remember that food-related experiments are often done with excessive amounts of a certain food or ingredient and in short periods of time. Thus, they all should be taken with a grain of salt - pun fully intended.

Vegetarianism and veganism works splendidly well for some people - SOME - while some people can become very ill while on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Some people do fine deriving their proteins from walnuts - some need meat. Some can be perfectly happy on three salads a day - and some can become depressed and want to kill themselves. There is a generally reserved mood with respect to diets that promise too much - chances are, they cannot deliver or the results are short-lived. Diets that advocate excluding an entire food group or including only one food group are also treated cautiously.

The best nutrition-exercise regimens have the same thing in common - moderation. This does not include Antarctica explorers, Mount Everest climbers, athletes training for the Olympics, or anyone else involved in an activity that takes place under extreme conditions or requires extreme physical abilities. This also does not include people with acute illnesses that impact their metabolism and the function of the body's major systems. For most people, most of the time, common sense is key. Don't eat what makes you sick. Don't exercise to a point where you end up in a hospital. Have one donut. Don't have 24 donuts. Have a salad - but not as your only meal for the day. Enjoy life and quit beating yourself up for what you eat and do (as long as those two activities are not associated with anything criminal - thank you, Hannibal Lecter). Gwyneth Paltrow is not a good source of information about nutrition and wellness - go to a qualified professional instead. No, there is no medical procedure at this time that could inlay your skeleton with adamantium.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jokes aside... on the subject of diets. I have several friends who are certified fitness instructors in multiple types of fitness. Due to the nature of their job, they made a point to become familiar with nutrition and how it impacts one's health and works with one's choice of exercise. Basically, after all the studies and all the short- and long-term effect observations, the experts keep coming back to the same thing. There is no magic pill. There is no panacea. There is no one type of food or drink that works equally well for everyone and guarantees good nutrition combined with perfect metabolism and general health. There is no such thing. We are all different.

Yes, there are trends, but, again, it is very important to remember that food-related experiments are often done with excessive amounts of a certain food or ingredient and in short periods of time. Thus, they all should be taken with a grain of salt - pun fully intended.

Vegetarianism and veganism works splendidly well for some people - SOME - while some people can become very ill while on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Some people do fine deriving their proteins from walnuts - some need meat. Some can be perfectly happy on three salads a day - and some can become depressed and want to kill themselves. There is a generally reserved mood with respect to diets that promise too much - chances are, they cannot deliver or the results are short-lived. Diets that advocate excluding an entire food group or including only one food group are also treated cautiously.

The best nutrition-exercise regimens have the same thing in common - moderation. This does not include Antarctica explorers, Mount Everest climbers, athletes training for the Olympics, or anyone else involved in an activity that takes place under extreme conditions or requires extreme physical abilities. This also does not include people with acute illnesses that impact their metabolism and the function of the body's major systems. For most people, most of the time, common sense is key. Don't eat what makes you sick. Don't exercise to a point where you end up in a hospital. Have one donut. Don't have 24 donuts. Have a salad - but not as your only meal for the day. Enjoy life and quit beating yourself up for what you eat and do (as long as those two activities are not associated with anything criminal - thank you, Hannibal Lecter). Gwyneth Paltrow is not a good source of information about nutrition and wellness - go to a qualified professional instead. No, there is no medical procedure at this time that could inlay your skeleton with adamantium.
Well said :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
BTW the disturbance in the Force you all are sensing is a wife acknowledging that her husband does, in fact, know more about something than she does. I also think he dresses better than I do.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW the disturbance in the Force you all are sensing is a wife acknowledging that her husband does, in fact, know more about something than she does. I also think he dresses better than I do.
I'm sorry... I see English words, but sense they do not make.

Perhaps there's a translation error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions