Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but my comedian is better :D and actually talking facts

I'm not as anti-bacon as I make myself out to be here, I don't like it, and I don't eat it...but that "Bacon is healthy for you" link is wrong on so many levels. Most of which don't seem to take into account all the really really bad for your health stuff bacon has. Kind of like saying asbestos is good for you cause it a flame retardant keeps you warm...and totally ignoring the whole carcinogenetic side of things.....
To be perfectly honest i didnt actually read either link. One of them is from a websitw called baconismagic.ca, so I'm going to guess it's a bit biased.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I like bacon. But I've never understood the fad. It's fine next to an omelette, and even on a cheeseburger. But I like other things on a cheeseburger, too.

So you're saying this would be out then :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well.... its actually warm and sunny here today, it is 67 degrees Fahrenheit. But I will not let this fool me, I've lived here long enough to know it is pretty darn likely we wil lbe buried with snow, at least one more time, before winter gives up

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
One club sandwich or hot dog a day? Yeah, that could kill you - like excess of anything else or building your eating habits around one type of meal forever and ever. That kind of diet would murder an Olympic athlete. But so would the diet of salad - and only salad - every day or a diet of oranges - and only oranges - every day. I think I have bacon five or six times a year. I have one Big Mac every year (by the way, @gpseymour , we are overdue on that). So... I'll keep having my bacon on my own carefully set schedule - and enjoy the living heck out of it. Especially since a) I am from Ukraine - we eat LARD there and love it and b) I am from Ukraine, I am radioactive, and I have superpowers! :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Comedians are not good sources of information and rarely, if ever, cited in scholarly works as proof of a statement. Therefore his views on Bacon can not be taken seriously. So bacon is still bad, awful, evil and likely will be the downfall of western civilization.
So? What's your point?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well.... its actually warm and sunny here today, it is 67 degrees Fahrenheit. But I will not let this fool me, I've lived here long enough to know it is pretty darn likely we wil lbe buried with snow, at least one more time, before winter gives up
That's what I keep waiting for - this happens here in the mountains, even thought we are technically a southern state. We usually have a BIG ONE in late March or sometimes even early April. A few years ago, the Biltmore Estate had to do what is a truly unprecedented thing for them - they had to cancel their annual Festival of Flowers because all the flowers got frozen. The azalea garden was a total bust that year. Surprisingly, the roses survived and bloomed very well later that year. But during April and part of May, the gardens looked miserable with these little signs everywhere, "Dear visitors, we apologize! Thanks, mother nature!"

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
A pearl of Angry Hobbit wisdom - if you are going to do belly dancing, you might as well go all the way. (No, @gpseymour , for the fiftieth time, you can't come to class with a bean bag chair and a case of beer. Yes, you may bring a friend. No, your friend may not bring a bean bag chair and a case of beer either.)
53886087_2260212787333807_1540301488549527552_n.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One club sandwich or hot dog a day? Yeah, that could kill you - like excess of anything else or building your eating habits around one type of meal forever and ever. That kind of diet would murder an Olympic athlete. But so would the diet of salad - and only salad - every day or a diet of oranges - and only oranges - every day. I think I have bacon five or six times a year. I have one Big Mac every year (by the way, @gpseymour , we are overdue on that). So... I'll keep having my bacon on my own carefully set schedule - and enjoy the living heck out of it. Especially since a) I am from Ukraine - we eat LARD there and love it and b) I am from Ukraine, I am radioactive, and I have superpowers! :)

It is also ok if you are doing a keto diet.

Why You Shouldn't Fear Bacon | KetoDiet Blog

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A pearl of Angry Hobbit wisdom - if you are going to do belly dancing, you might as well go all the way. (No, @gpseymour , for the fiftieth time, you can't come to class with a bean bag chair and a case of beer. Yes, you may bring a friend. No, your friend may not bring a bean bag chair and a case of beer either.)
53886087_2260212787333807_1540301488549527552_n.jpg
Hey, not bad for the start!

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comedians are not good sources of information and rarely, if ever, cited in scholarly works as proof of a statement. Therefore his views on Bacon can not be taken seriously. So bacon is still bad, awful, evil and likely will be the downfall of western civilization.
He is also a good Catholic. Therefore, his opinions on bacon are, by definition, catholic and thereby universal. Bacon is indeed a good thing, and proof that God loves us.

Status
Not open for further replies.