Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Out of woodworking books? It'd fall apart the first time it got rained on.

Such ideas you have.

Build one of these, that will get the wood up to where you want it...and then some

di15Ti.gif

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I watched Black Panther, The Wife and Vice last night. Too many movies for one night.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of the black panther. They just pile on too many advantages.

I never read Black panther comic books. They came out when I was a young teen and I had moved on to other nonsensical reading. I wish I had, just to see how much of the original comic's settings and story lines were used in the film. But, man, I really liked it . I didn't think I would, but I did. I thought the ensemble cast was terrific, the sets pleasing to the eye, the story line fun, I thought it very well directed, edited nicely and some of the action really exciting. If it was still playing in a theatre I'd go today just to see that crazy Tokyo car chase, I think that would be fun to watch on big screen.

I have to watch a lot of films this time of year because I vote in the Screen Actors Guild. They send out the screener DVDs so its fun. But Black Panther came out back in the spring or around that time. Had it come out in November or December I think it would have swept all the awards, (not that that matters, it's just something I have always followed) but alas, the attention span in your average Hollywood denizen is somewhere around seven minutes and change.

But I thought it was a lot of fun. I'd watch it gain.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have a relative who has one of those. Not that big, but it'd do the trick. I'll give him a call.
No, PLEASE don't encourage Jeff to build another trebuchet. Another really nice cutting board maybe. And don't tell our niece and nephew you need a firewood trebuchet - you know how they are.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never read Black panther comic books. They came out when I was a young teen and I had moved on to other nonsensical reading. I wish I had, just to see how much of the original comic's settings and story lines were used in the film. But, man, I really liked it . I didn't think I would, but I did. I thought the ensemble cast was terrific, the sets pleasing to the eye, the story line fun, I thought it very well directed, edited nicely and some of the action really exciting. If it was still playing in a theatre I'd go today just to see that crazy Tokyo car chase, I think that would be fun to watch on big screen.

I have to watch a lot of films this time of year because I vote in the Screen Actors Guild. They send out the screener DVDs so its fun. But Black Panther came out back in the spring or around that time. Had it come out in November or December I think it would have swept all the awards, (not that that matters, it's just something I have always followed) but alas, the attention span in your average Hollywood denizen is somewhere around seven minutes and change.

But I thought it was a lot of fun. I'd watch it gain.
I am a very high aesthetic, and, aside from the fact I thought the movie was fun, I also found it very beautiful. Those landscapes were absolutely breathtaking.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I enjoyed it quite a lot. And I want all of the ladies' wardrobe, armor, weapons, and bling. :)

I though all the female characters were absolutely badass. They made the movie in my opinion.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I though all the female characters were absolutely badass. They made the movie in my opinion.
Oh, very much so! It takes a lot of work to do good kicks. It takes even more work to know how to do that in an evening dress. ;)

Seriously, I really loved it. And I thought the ceremony scene - with the entire tribe dancing and singing - was touching and beautiful.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, PLEASE don't encourage Jeff to build another trebuchet. Another really nice cutting board maybe. And don't tell our niece and nephew you need a firewood trebuchet - you know how they are.
Yes. Yes, I do.

(Makes note to self for the next time I'm in the room with the Vlachs.)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll have you know I only own one Craftsman tool. All my shoddy stuff is made by Black & Decker.
Ah, craftsman....now available at Lowe's.
B&D isn't a bad tool either...it depends on the workman using it.....
(PS< ask This Old House)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, craftsman....now available at Lowe's.
B&D isn't a bad tool either...it depends on the workman using it.....
(PS< ask This Old House)
Really depends on the B&D tool. I have an 18v driver drill from them that is useless for driving. The clutch, set to highest setting (other than "drill") slips when driving even 1" drywall screws into pilot holes. The cheap circular saw and reciprocating saw that came with that set are great, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions