Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, I'm currently using it...since it is 7F her today...ya big sissy. It will be 40 here on Wednesday...that swimmin' weather in the Adirondacks
Woo, heat wave! It's 37F here today. Tonight? 27F. Next Sunday night? 15F. And windy. Which means it will feel like 3.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Talking with some folks (bunch of old geezers like me) yesterday about retirement and where they are planning on retiring.....and now..they all think I'm insane.....they are retiring to Arizona, Florida, the Carolinas, just about anyplace warm most of the year..... I want to retire to New Hampshire...which is slightly further North and much further east (closer to the Atlantic coast) than I am now...it will likely be colder with more snow.....and they all think I'm crazy......but I know something they don't know....they only suspect....I am crazy...New Hampshire here I come....

But I should also add.... I had a friend with similar thoughts about retirement...until he hit his early 60s...then he changed...and is now retired in North Carolina..... he understands....but also tells me I will change my mind in a couple years..... my response was...could be...I could decide to retire to Norway...now he also thinks I'm crazy....and what he thinks matters..... he is a retired Clinical Psychologist :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Talking with some folks (bunch of old geezers like me) yesterday about retirement and where they are planning on retiring.....and now..they all think I'm insane.....they are retiring to Arizona, Florida, the Carolinas, just about anyplace warm most of the year..... I want to retire to New Hampshire...which is slightly further North and much further east (closer to the Atlantic coast) than I am now...it will likely be colder with more snow.....and they all think I'm crazy......but I know something they don't know....they only suspect....I am crazy...New Hampshire here I come....

But I should also add.... I had a friend with similar thoughts about retirement...until he hit his early 60s...then he changed...and is now retired in North Carolina..... he understands....but also tells me I will change my mind in a couple years..... my response was...could be...I could decide to retire to Norway...now he also thinks I'm crazy....and what he thinks matters..... he is a retired Clinical Psychologist :D
Have you considered Iceland?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Compared to the average February here in "REAL" upstate NY.... what we have now is downright balmy...but then January usually is
Oh, I know... Which year was that when Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse all ran out of place to put snow and had to shut down I-90?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have you considered Iceland?

Yes, but I am not a big fan of islands...after spending my entire life living on a continent...besides...it is a little know fact that these guys....

image_5780e-Greenland-Shark.jpg

circle Iceland just waiting for the unwitting human who STEPS in the water.... (just threw that out there to get @Dirty Dog going)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

One of the guys I work with whom you remind me of (he's a crusty, curmudgeonly IT guy, too :)) just retired before the new year. I miss that guy.

Norway would be amazing, but I think we'll probably stay around here. Too many blizzards and hurricanes on the East coast.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with whom you remind me of (he's a crusty, curmudgeonly IT guy, too :)) just retired before the new year. I miss that guy.

Norway would be amazing, but I think we'll probably stay around here. Too many blizzards and hurricanes on the East coast.

Not a lot of Hurricanes in NH...but Blizzards, you got me there.

NH in winter

IceCastlesNH1.jpg

Flume-Gorge_Bridge-Winter_02.jpg

b6be63c9dbc8e41eaff31b9ec1f181cd.jpg

Technically I could retire in 7 years, but it looks more like 9 at this point

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Forgot, speaking of Norway, when I was at Fjærland in Norway they said they get on average 2.4 meter (8 feet) of snow there in the winter

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, but I am not a big fan of islands...after spending my entire life living on a continent...besides...it is a little know fact that these guys....

image_5780e-Greenland-Shark.jpg

circle Iceland just waiting for the unwitting human who STEPS in the water.... (just threw that out there to get @Dirty Dog going)
Yeah, but since the water is insanely cold, there is little chance of that. And I don't think there are any sharks at the hot springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions