Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it made sense. The mom is not going to be the best person in the world, but I dont think she'd allow that. Taking it out also makes master hillers seem more petulant(?) Which I like
Something else to think about - mom wouldn't want her son and future king to grow up a sniveling slave. So... his mentors have to make sure he is fit to be a ruler.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somewhere in the middle of Long Island, preceded by a day in NYC to see friends.

I love that everything is so walkable in New York, but not so much when that involves teeth-chattering cold or, worse, slush.
If you are there Friday and Saturday, you might get away with rain. Sunday - snow.

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh, god. I definitely do not want to get snowed in! For a whole host of reasons...

I need to find some mittens, or at least gloves made of something other than thin cloth, I guess.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Somewhere in the middle of Long Island, preceded by a day in NYC to see friends.

I love that everything is so walkable in New York, but not so much when that involves teeth-chattering cold or, worse, slush.
Oh, do you know what the venue is? If it's crest hollow or the watermill, can you let me know how the place is?

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh, do you know what the venue is? If it's crest hollow or the watermill, can you let me know how the place is?

Looking for a wedding venue yourself?

The wedding itself is (checks invitation) at a catholic church in Seaford, and the reception is at Jericho Terrace in Mineola.

I have no idea what any of that means, but you might!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, god. I definitely do not want to get snowed in! For a whole host of reasons...

I need to find some mittens, or at least gloves made of something other than thin cloth, I guess.
It takes a significant storm to get snowed in around there.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for a wedding venue yourself?

The wedding itself is (checks invitation) at a catholic church in Seaford, and the reception is at Jericho Terrace in Mineola.

I have no idea what any of that means, but you might!
I was, we actually decided on one. We were considering Jericho Terrace, but I'm getting married at Crest Hollow, and one of my best friends is still looking. Let me know how it is, and I'll relay the info, if you don't mind

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Going to second that you don't have to worry about being snowed in. Definitely be careful if you're driving though, and get a beanie or wool cap...those are life-savers.

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Rest assured I won't be doing any driving, regardless of the road conditions. That's why the universe created trains and Lyft. I do have wool beanies!

It's amazing how a decade of living out here has made me a complete weenie about the cold, which I never used to mind.

I was, we actually decided on one. We were considering Jericho Terrace, but I'm getting married at Crest Hollow, and one of my best friends is still looking. Let me know how it is, and I'll relay the info, if you don't mind

Sure, no problem!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Long island is MUCH warmer than way upstate this morning....its 17 there.....its 13 here...but they will have a high of 32 today....we only get to 20...but at least the single digit windchill is gone today

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long island is MUCH warmer than way upstate this morning....its 17 there.....its 13 here...but they will have a high of 32 today....we only get to 20...but at least the single digit windchill is gone today
Would everyone in NY state please open their doors and turn up the heat? I have to go up there in a few weeks, and I'd appreciate it if you could get it to some reasonable temperature for me.

Thanks.

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Would everyone in NY state please open their doors and turn up the heat? I have to go up there in a few weeks, and I'd appreciate it if you could get it to some reasonable temperature for me.

Thanks.

I feel the same way, except I'm leaving in four days! Assuming those temps aren't in Celsius, I'm... concerned. Eep.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rest assured I won't be doing any driving, regardless of the road conditions. That's why the universe created trains and Lyft. I do have wool beanies!

It's amazing how a decade of living out here has made me a complete weenie about the cold, which I never used to mind.

Sure, no problem!
Lyft is still driving, you are just taking your chances with a stranger...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lyft is still driving, you are just taking your chances with a stranger...
It's a very specific skill learning how to drive in the snow, just like city driving. If one of my friends/family comes up here when it's snowing, and they don't live where it snows, we are driving them around until the snow goes away or they leave.

(Most) drivers who live up here have learned that skill, and I would hope any Uber or Lyft driver driving in the snow also knows how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions