Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What northeast? You are not supposed to be anywhere near Northeast. Northeast is only 13-hour drive from where we are - and you are 27,000,000 miles away.

I am in the Northeast...and it is 27,000 miles away from where you are.... just as sure as I am of my mud allergy, I have absolutely no doubt about being 27,000 miles away

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hopefully there's a bump in pay, too!

Nope same pay and hours

I feel like those two groups would be pretty interchangeable. Congrats though!

It is but the unit I worked in focused on long term/high level narcotics investigations this new one focuses strictly on the violent offender and groups (narcotics, robbery, gangs, etc...)

We had a huge turnover in manpower due to a mass retirement so my agency is having to shuffle experience around to keep all the units balanced.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't think of any other person who would put "switching from narcotics... to violent crime...exciting" in the same paragraph. :)

quote-there-is-no-hunting-like-the-hunting-of-man-and-those-who-have-hunted-armed-men-long-ernest-hemingway-12-93-87.jpg

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a huge turnover in manpower due to a mass retirement so my agency is having to shuffle experience around to keep all the units balanced.

What a novel idea... Shouldn't you just assign people to be with their buddies, no matter how toxic the mess becomes... and end up with squads where the "greenhorn" has 10+ years on, and others where the only reason the average years of experience exceeds fingers on the hands of unsuccessful bomb techs is the sergeant who's nearing retirement?

Oh, wait... did that come out sarcastic?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just about finished re-editing my book, so I can go back to continuing it. The break definitely helped (and I took out the flogging completely @AngryHobbit )
I am glad to hear it. As you recall, my main issue was not so much with the flogging but with the authority to do so - from the source, from which it was supposed to have come.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am in the Northeast...and it is 27,000 miles away from where you are.... just as sure as I am of my mud allergy, I have absolutely no doubt about being 27,000 miles away
Well, then... how do you explain we'd made it from where we are to the Northeast in 13 hours? We were not traveling via a TARDIS. It was just a Buick Encore.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could... but I'd have to get assigned to narcs first. Though, honestly, I've done the specialty thing and like working the street in patrol a lot more...
Jokes aside, I have huge amounts of admiration and respect to anyone working in either unit. I have no idea how people do it as their careers. But I do think it's amazing.

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
@Buka

Just in case you forgot what it was like in the good ole Northeast in January.......0 to single digit temps tonight (thats Fahrenheit for our Non-USA posters) ..... and yes, I know you're jealous :D

This is making me nervous; I'm going to New York late next week for my nephew's wedding. I don't have clothes for that kind of weather anymore!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear it. As you recall, my main issue was not so much with the flogging but with the authority to do so - from the source, from which it was supposed to have come.
Yeah, it made sense. The mom is not going to be the best person in the world, but I dont think she'd allow that. Taking it out also makes master hillers seem more petulant(?) Which I like

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is making me nervous; I'm going to New York late next week for my nephew's wedding. I don't have clothes for that kind of weather anymore!
Where in New York? Depending on how north, I can assure you you're fine, or inform you you're screwed

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Somewhere in the middle of Long Island, preceded by a day in NYC to see friends.

I love that everything is so walkable in New York, but not so much when that involves teeth-chattering cold or, worse, slush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions