Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have pieces left over when you were done?

See, it's a little known secret, but manufacturers routinely add extra whozits, whatchamacallits, and thingamabobs when they build things. These extra parts often get out of whack and ornery, and you have to go in and remove them. Then everything works fine...
I remember my brother and dad replacing the alternator in a ‘77 Rabbit and ending up with an extra bolt. Never did figure out where it belonged, and the car ran for at least another 10 years.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I remember my brother and dad replacing the alternator in a ‘77 Rabbit and ending up with an extra bolt. Never did figure out where it belonged, and the car ran for at least another 10 years.

Once when I was working in a shop one of the other guys was taking way to long to finish an intake manifold replacement on a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so they told me to go help. I asked the guy how close he was to done and be told me it was pretty much finished. I was also training a new guy, so we went over to take a look and I stepped on the bumper to get up in the engine compartment to take a look and to pull myself up I grabbed onto the carburetor....when came off in my hands...then the guy I was training came walking over carrying a box and said look what I found stuffed under the wrk bench. It was a box full of bolts, linkages and assorted gaskets that he apparently thought was "extra". The original guy made himself scarce and the guy I was training and myself had to tear if back down to see where all the "extra" bolts and gaskets went. We found them all a home..... customer took it and I never heard a complaint.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once fixed something when I was a kid (early teens?), and has some pieces left over. It worked great.

Someone truly knowledgeable (read a grown up ;) ) about the gadget looked at it, shook their head... because it wasn't supposed to able to work at all without some of those parts.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh and 27 years ago, on September 14th...I took my first step into Chinese marital arts with my very first taijiquan class

Ah happy anniversary ;D

Congratulations, I hope.

Cheers! Yep, definitely made the right decision, just floating in the uncertain for a bit....

I enjoyed the people I worked with there. I loved the food - couldn't find anything I didn't like to eat. The Taj Mahal is smaller than I thought, but the inlay in the marble is amazing (as is the marble, itself). The rest of the country is apparently nothing but a place to throw trash. It's everywhere.

Ah right, great to have ya back, would be cool to go there, moreso to visit temples and spiritual sites etc

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once fixed something when I was a kid (early teens?), and has some pieces left over. It worked great.

Someone truly knowledgeable (read a grown up ;) ) about the gadget looked at it, shook their head... because it wasn't supposed to able to work at all without some of those parts.
Apparently nobody told it that.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
20180925_125318.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My eyes must still be on Indian Standard Time, because as I was scrolling this onto the screen, I read the first part as, "Just finished cooking a spare rack of cats..."
That... is really... disgusting... I realize our cats get on our nerves quite often but this is just barbaric!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I fixed a cd player a while back by putting it in the loft for 6 months.

It stopped reading any discs, and because I'm a bit of a hoarder I didn't want to chuck it so it went in the loft.

When I took it out to try a fix, it worked again.
Ah... 6 months - a nice sabbatical. Maybe it needed some time off to write the next Great American Novel.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Considering not going to work today...coughing, sneezing, headache and no energy what-so-ever.
Might just stay home and do taijiquan all day
... that sounds like the best day ever....

Apart from the mucous and general yuckiness! (Feel better soon Xue)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's called being sick.

... that sounds like the best day ever....

Apart from the mucous and general yuckiness! (Feel better soon Xue)

I'd tend to agree...if it wasn't for this... "being sick" part that I think AngryHobbit is referring to.....whatever that means

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd tend to agree...if it wasn't for this... "being sick" part that I think AngryHobbit is referring to.....whatever that means
All your symptoms indicate acute bacon deficiency. You could try fighting it using the hot whiskey with honey and lemon methodology, but I cannot swear to its effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.