Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I feel ya. My right knee is all messed up. Sadly the doc says nothing is wrong. Could have fooled me. I wonder if it has something to do with the doc being appointed by the workers comp company. .....

Tore the meniscus in one and then messed up the other (bruised the joint) and ended up with cortisone in both and now arthritis.... it took 2 doctors, 2 drainings, 4 to 6 x-rays (I can't remember) and an MRI to figure out what I did to the first one

it's all right Xue join the 'A' list injury club ;)

Oh don't get me started on listing injuries....we'll be here awhile

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tore the meniscus in one and then messed up the other (bruised the joint) and ended up with cortisone in both and now arthritis.... it took 2 doctors, 2 drainings, 4 to 6 x-rays (I can't remember) and an MRI to figure out what I did to the first one
I'm hoping to see another doc soon. My lawyer is trying to get workers comp to approve a new doc. I hate dealing with them I'd rather just use my regular insurance

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
go to a minor league game...good sport! And you can actually get to talk to the players before the game!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
My favorite part is when the ref gets mad at someone and says YOUR OUT OF HERE! But aside from the yelling fans its a cool game :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i had prolly the best nights sleep ever all 12 hours of it :) and i think it's cos there was no adrenaline rush before bedtime --- i always get pumped up at fight club and it takes forever to come down again :(

one thing that i have got is a very sore head / mouth / nose and my tinitus has flared up bigtime :(

had a quiet walk with my doggy in the sunshine -- very sweaty but rather agreeable :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The whole injuries thing got me thinking last night after my workout.

I have been saying I was dealing with injuries (Ankle and knees) for 2 years....its been 5 years...DAMN!!!! I spent 2 years limping, in braces, on crutches and a cane........ I seemed to have blocked that whole time period out

No wonder I am in such bad shape.

I have not been able to maintain a workout for more than a couple months without reinjuring myself for 5 years.... I guess that is why I am taking it light and slow.... and it only took me 40 years to figure that out

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Across the street from where I get my hair cut there is this old vacant building that reminds me of just about every martial arts school I see in cities in old martial arts movies... I think I have watched to many movies and have been obsessing about this martial arts thing for too long

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Across the street from where I get my hair cut there is this old vacant building that reminds me of just about every martial arts school I see in cities in old martial arts movies... I think I have watched to many movies and have been obsessing about this martial arts thing for too long

Like the boxing gym in Rocky? Old, gray and delapidated, to a point you can smell the locker rom through the TV?

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
the old warehouse with cowebs and nasty little spiders that are free to roam and feel offended by your presence ;)

i know the places :) they make the best gyms, plenty of atmosphere with sweat engrained in the walls and mopped up blood coating the floors and left to go sticky over time :)

tonight i saw some friends that i've not seen for a while and swapped stories about our times in and out of the cage :) made for interesting conversation and a lot of bad looks by people walking past - don't you just love muay thai ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the old warehouse with cowebs and nasty little spiders that are free to roam and feel offended by your presence ;)

i know the places :) they make the best gyms, plenty of atmosphere with sweat engrained in the walls and mopped up blood coating the floors and left to go sticky over time :)

tonight i saw some friends that i've not seen for a while and swapped stories about our times in and out of the cage :) made for interesting conversation and a lot of bad looks by people walking past - don't you just love muay thai ;)

Easy Girl, you are on the Disabled list for now, remember! ;)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
^^^ LoL :) ^^^

thankyou so much for the kind comment :)

i know but i'm really missing the old place and i'm getting withdrawal symptoms everytime i walk past th efight club to go to the supermarket and stuff and then seeing my friends it was almost too much for me --- i thought that i was going to have a breakdown :(

thinking that this forced downtime is gunna do more damage to me than when i was in the cage :( somehow the cage is like a sort of home and felt safe and comfy -- didn't like it too much -- and homely (to me anyways) and then seeing my friends and reminiscing about the old times that really did leave their marks on the cage. the countless number of bust ups that have been settled by way of the no rules cage and the petty squabbles that have been settled upon opening the squeaky cage door --- just brought so much back and i really am missing the darn thing............ :(

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thankyou :)

i said in a post a few pages back that i was addicted to the cage --- i'll be back with my long lost friend soon enough ;)

the cage addiction is worse than smoking cigarettes (it's the only way i can get me to calm down enough after a scrap) for me ;)

i passed my last medical with flying colours :) but that was before i got trashed again LoL :) don't think that i'd pass the medical in this state and my shrink is gunna be having kittens when i have to tell her about my activities over the last few months LoL :) i fear her more than i have ever feared a scrap in the cage :)

went looking for a cage online and found a few that i like so i might get my own cage and at least then i can have a war with myself in MY cage ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A cage with a heavy bag in the middle ;)

Don't fear the shrink, they can help. I had one awhile back when my first marriage ended to deal with a neat little trick I learned to suppress anger, of course you end up pretty much like a Vulcan (think star trek) and you have the occasional outburst of intense rage but it did impress the shrink that I could do that, although he also added it was EXTREMELY unhealthy. He helped and he was a pretty good guy too

Status
Not open for further replies.